Pocketbike Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
It looks like another Basket Case scooter engine to me I would definitely go with something that's complete ready to run that has no issues.

I highly recommend that you scrap the scooter engine idea and go with a pocket bike engine we will be able to assist you much better with a pocket bike engine

You're definitely on the wrong form if you want scooter engine help we specialize in pocket bikes not scooters...

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
You should get a pocket bike engine like this one

And here is another one with the other style transmission

If you don't like the Piston ported engine you could always go with the Reed inducted engine.

Brand new pocket bike engines all that can be had for under $150

And like I said earlier you could also go with a predator engine from harbor freight...

I wouldn't mess with broken scooter engines if you're stuck on a scooter engine I would do a pull off of a working running scooter this way you know you have all the electrical and everything you need to make it work tested and ready to go like I said earlier scooters are kind of like car engines they are very complex and sophisticated as being the main source of transportation in many countries...

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well at that point might as well go for power and install a 2 stroke dirt bike engine!! Then rip it!!
Honestly I think you did alright. Does that 125 run?? If you are into a project, that is perfect and might line right up the motor mounts you currently have. That's what I like. Anytime I have to change motor mounts because I decided on a different engine, that sucks! No matter what anyone says. Its not their project its yours. Keep us informed and we will help you best we can. As mr kitty said though a lot of us might not be able to help with the scooter engine BUT we will give our best shot and I am sure someone here know a little about them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
yea that ia true it huat a project to do while i wait fot my engine to come in for my 1986 f150 but im not certain on the 125cc still gotta link up witb guy he said it ran but i beem lookin at the pocket bike engines too ans the predator either way i would have to mod the frame for those motors too

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes you will. Its all up to you. The predator is bada$$ but the 2 stroke pocket bike engines, either the reed engine or piston port modded, is definitely a cool factor. Especially when you run down someone with a predator. Lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
The 49cc piston port engine with 5 to 1 reverse transmission would work, but that's no pocket bike and its heavy, 20mph, lol.
Problem 2, most bikes have a chain drive on the left side, most engines are left drive w/ chain. You could use a Jack shaft. did you say it was 190cc, that's why, need more power. Your in new waters now, its make it up as you go.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts