Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
It's a 2-stroke, close to 50cc, Air cooled, looks like it might have the standard "gear reduction" transmission on the left side of the bike, I think that is the standard "Reed ported" engine used in most of the Air cooled Cag Pocket-bikes.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
It looks like a 47cc ( 40cc ), air cooled Cag eng w/ a 12mm piston carb, has a 3 to 1 reduction transmission, and someone put a HP air filter on it.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Definitely a gear reduction on the right side of the engine ...... Could you please shoot a pic or two of the engine from either side, maybe the exhaust as well?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh i pick it up later today i will get better pics it seems better qualty then my other mini dirt bike i think thats a cag this one is much better

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Show us pictures of both your dirt bikes and the engines ... we'll be able to tell you what's up with them. Exhaust pipes and carburetors, too, if you can.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
There both Cag engines, 40cc or 49cc the only difference is the 49 has a 12mm pin bearing on the same crank and a bigger piston & cylinder or 40mm to 44mm bore, or about a 16 percent increase in power. Dave's had kits for $19 and $10 for a 2 pc or single H/cyld, but there all gone now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some more pics for you

black one is from my cag the silver is from the cobra

black one is from my cag the silver is from the cobra

Whats the diffrence between these?

This is from the cobra i cant get this 14mm carb to tick over??

Cag engine with stock carb

the cobra has an exhaust the goes over the engine. the cag has the one that goes under.

I dont really like the cobra bike now over the cag. Cag is alot lighter and seem to controll it better so im going try fit the exhaust that goes over the engine to my cag. seem a better exhaust.

any help on getting that 14mmcarb to tick over ill be greatfull

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
They are both 3 to 1 reduction boxes that are made to fit one bike, the swing arm moves the chain up and down thar box moves the pivot back close to the swing arm shaft so the arcs of both close. Both of them will bolt to any Cag engine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are both 3 to 1 reduction boxes that are made to fit one bike, the swing arm moves the chain up and down thar box moves the pivot back close to the swing arm shaft so the arcs of both close. Both of them will bolt to any Cag engine.
Thanks can you help me get my 14mm carb to idle please. the idle screw is all the way in

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Thats a 14/14 Dell SHA Rep, & a 12mm stock Cag piston/needle carb. Take it apart, clean it, sounds like you have dirty clogged jet and float bowl, or something blocking your gas flow including the white shut off knob rubber blocking the gas flow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts