Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello
i have a mini dirt bike that start first pull, but will cut out, after a a little while running, and the time it takes to cut off varies everytime you start it, it also starts then sound ok then all of a sudden starts reving and wants to and the back wheel will spin very fast.

i thought the throttle cable might be sticking so i took the cable out of the carb and started it and the same thing is happening.

however the weird thing is a day before i was riding around the garden for a fair amount of time without any problem.

so im thinking the carb might have a problem?
as it was working before hand and the carb started leaking when i was out riding, and leak for a little while but hasnt leak since i dont think

the engine is new (that i had for just over a week from new) that i put on to a frame that i had, and have ran it most days since i managed to put everything together and connect everything.

can anyone help me with this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm guessing that your float is probably either sticking or set wrong, pull off the bowl and make sure the float and the bowl itself are clean, or clean the whole carb if you haven't done so before. With a bit of searching on here you'll find a thread explaining how to do a proper carb clean if you need it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello
thanks for the replies

i just recently found out that the tap on the carb was slightly blocked and the o rings inside had fallen to pieces.

so i brought a new carb and fitted it, and tried it again and i am still having the same problem, i have notice there is a fair bit of oil around the spark plug, i am using the recommend mix of 25:1 is this to much?

what should i check and what could be causing the problem

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are you still doing the break in process or have you been using it for a while now? You can probably lighten the mix to 32:1 if it's already broken in, I generally mix around 38:1 lately but that's just preference. Most people I know are doing 42:1 which seems light for these things to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts