Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guy im new here . Im from Quebec and my english is not perfect !

Im going tu swap a made in china Mini dirt bike with a liquid engine.

oes someone ever do this ?D

Here my pocket ( bought use for 50$ )

I have no pic or spec of the engine..

Im at a machinist school so i have no problem with building part and welding.

Here a exemple of a complex part a do ( Hydrolic jack base )

\

I posting this thread just to know if someone ever do this and im looking tu a bulletproof front fork because the stock one is very cheap. (maybe custom idea )

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Dude, I like you already. I am putting a 40cc modded Polini copy engine in a Cag A2 frame. Your problem is the radiator, you have no room up front w/ that exhaust. On mine I am extending the rear arms and running X7 front shocks and rear wheel. The bike has alot of room under it, you could mod your exhaust and run it under neath the bike you would have room up front.
I cut the Cag motor mount off so I can move the engine back in the frame to get my Rad in front.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There just like mine, which were called 4 stroke gas shocks, they will fit your triple clamps, but there road shocks not dirt bike shocks. I got a bunch of used parts on eBay months ago, had a set of X18 tubes and shocks which I will take apart, beef them up, put hydraulic jack oil in and put them on my X18.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Don't know but it might have 5 or 6" of travel, think the gas X7s are better than my stock X18 ones.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
im not going to jump 15 feet in the air ! Just gonna play in grass and dirt doing small jump . do you know what is the travel of this shock ?
Yeah its like 3 ".....All you need is an inverted pitbike front end like from a SSR............Putting a watercooled engine into a cheap steel frame is a suicide mission............ even one built for the street...That frame is gonna collapse on you doing litttle jumps if you dont add support bars n such to strengthen it...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
A 125cc pit bike eng should bolt right up, that's more than enough power for that bike. Seen new ones on eBay for less than $300 to your door, some have carbs and everything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The projet is only on paper for the moment. Unfortunaly i loose my driver licence for 3 month so i will have a lot of time to work on my projet. I was planning to buy a lathe but my dad didnt buy his garage so..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.