Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted the size/length etc. of the rear shock people are using on their mini dirt bikes.
I originally had a 180 - 185mm centre eye to eye hole and it was faulty. It seized thn bent and caused the bike to ride too low and this caused the exhaust to touch the tyre with my weight on the bike (im 70kg)
I had trouble finding one the same size so i settled for a 200mm eye to eye. Its stronger and ride height is great but the chain rubs on the frame without any load on the bike. When i sit and ride the chain no longer rubs but gives me about 10mm of clearace which i can fix by adding a tensioner pulley like ive seen some riders do on this forum. Just wanting to get an idea what others are using on their 49cc mini dirt bike.
Thanks in advance

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I put 16/28 gears on my X18 and it rubs too with no weight, even with an 1" longer shock. I plan to add a tensioner, PB Parts in Florida has dirt bike ones for Like $13. There is no shock on these bikes, I got a BMX bike shock for $30 and put my 1500lb spring on it works great.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yes on the tensioners w/ a roller. They only have China shocks I believe. It's 100 to $250 for a good shock, and most are to long. My X18 was only 5" cl to cl. Some are real short 4", so measure yours you can go 1" longer without to much trouble, it will raise the rear.
I would go look on eBay for Chaser Tech, the sell BMX bikes shocks in different lengths, they bolt right up. A 750lb shock would be good for cruising and 1500 to 1800lbs for hard riding, there nice and onlt $30. The China ones have no shock, just a spring that looks like a shock,lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.