Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if someone can help me i need to no what chain my mini moto dirtbike uses

mine seems to be alot bigger and better then my mates small mini moto

just wanting to make it pull of the line faster so wanting to change the 17sprocket to a 11sprocket. will this make an diffrece cause of the transfew box???

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You have T8F 8mm chain, the smaller cag chain is #25 or #25H. My scooter has a 5:1 reduction box and 20/43 gears. There are different boxes, is your drive chain on the left or right?
11 tooth gear will be Lower sounds like you need a 20 for more top speed. PB Parts in Florida USA has all the parts you need, and they ship International.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have T8F 8mm chain, the smaller cag chain is #25 or #25H. My scooter has a 5:1 reduction box and 20/43 gears. There are different boxes, is your drive chain on the left or right?
11 tooth gear will be Lower sounds like you need a 20 for more top speed. PB Parts in Florida USA has all the parts you need, and they ship International.
Thanks for replying my drive chain is on the left??? I have a 17tooth on the back on the reduction box i want to change it to 11 or 14 cause its too slow off the line. top speed doesnt bother me tomuch.

If i was to go from 17 to 11 would i need to shorten my chain ??

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Do some mods and make that engine stronger and youll pull off the line with the same gearing................

1/4" fuelline/fuel filter upgrade and stock carb mod or : hp pumper carb w/dual line upgrade

v-stack

composite reeds

reedstop mod

hp airfilter

mod and lighten clutches

hp clutch springs

lighten flywheel

add rocket key

hp sparkwire upgrade

NGK sparkplug # BM6A gapped to .030"

Remove basegasket,,raise exhaust port the thiskness of the gasket,,widen the ports 1/8" on each side and yamabond the head down w/o a gasket to bump up compression

Mod stock exhaust with a 4-6" longer centersection and open up restrictive flange hole...

The even better mod to do is grind in a 3rd port and window the piston with a dremel...this will really increase and enhance bottomend takeoff aswell as midrange punch..........

More than half the mods listed are free to lowbuck mods if you have the supplies,,resources,,skills and tools...............

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I think that trans is a chain driven 3:1 reduction, I have a new one, but it has the small same chain 17 tooth, I have a 14 also. PB Parts in florida has tons of that stuff and a phone order so you get the right parts.
Smaller front gear will give you better take off, with an 11 you might have to take a link or two off. I grind the two pins where I want to cut it off on the bench grinder and use a pin punch over metal with a hole and pound the pins out and put a new master link on, which the front of the clip faces the rotation.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that trans is a chain driven 3:1 reduction, I have a new one, but it has the small same chain 17 tooth, I have a 14 also. PB Parts in florida has tons of that stuff and a phone order so you get the right parts.
Smaller front gear will give you better take off, with an 11 you might have to take a link or two off. I grind the two pins where I want to cut it off on the benck grinder and use a pin punch over metal with a hole and pound the pins out and put a new master link on, which the front of the clip faces the rotation.
Thanks im also thinking of going big bore kit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey guys Im new to this forum I was wondering if you were able to see my Profile puicture and tell me what kind of bike it is ... ?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Zep, there is no photo showing, its has to be 512Kb or less and 84Kb for your Avatar photo and you need 25-50 post before you can do that.
Gary, a B/B kit is good, at hkmotos for about $68 shipped you can get a 49cc kit with a 2 pc alum alloy head, and full circle crank. With a few simple mods you can turn the kit into a real horsepower engine. I left the base gasket, a paper .025" one of my 49cc 2 pc B/B kits, and yamaboned the cylinder to the cases and use the head gasket only. I had done some mods on the cylinder already and leaving the gasket out made it a whole different engine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zep, there is no photo showing, its has to be 512Kb or less and 84Kb for your Avatar photo and you need 25-50 post before you can do that.
Gary, a B/B kit is good, at hkmotos for about $68 shipped you can get a 49cc kit with a 2 pc alum alloy head, and full circle crank. With a few simple mods you can turn the kit into a real horsepower engine. I left the base gasket, a paper .025" one of my 49cc 2 pc B/B kits, and yamaboned the cylinder to the cases and use the head gasket only. I had done some mods on the cylinder already and leaving the gasket out made it a whole different engine.
thanks am i aloud to post links from ebay on this site or is that not aloud??? iv seen a bigbore on ebay. can you post a link of the b/b kit your talking about ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts