Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father purchased a mini pocket rocket brand a4 miniquad for my son a few years ago and it's always been so ungodly loud we've hardly ever ridden it. Last night I was repacking the can on the boy's ktm pro senior and decided to open the silencer on the quad. Inside there is not only no packing material, but there isn't even a drilled out tube between the expansion chamber side and endbell side, just an empty can!!!! Is this purely decorative or a manufacturing mistake? The question I really need answered is can I simply fill the can with packing material, or will it plug up with 2 stroke oil and cause damage? I filled it with fmf repack material last night and it does run well and is at an acceptible noise level. Thanks for any help or advice!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
No stinger? is it a 2-stroke? hmmm, those Chinese dudez are having fun with us again...

If it's a 2-stroke not having a stinger on the pipe is a manufacturing mistake, but it is likely to be make / model wide, but being honest, I'd bet it's not costing too much HP.

Just keep an eye on it and I think you guy's will be just fine!

Nick.

ps Glocks are COOL, But I still like the little Sig! :)

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
My father purchased a mini pocket rocket brand a4 miniquad for my son a few years ago and it's always been so ungodly loud we've hardly ever ridden it. Last night I was repacking the can on the boy's ktm pro senior and decided to open the silencer on the quad. Inside there is not only no packing material, but there isn't even a drilled out tube between the expansion chamber side and endbell side, just an empty can!!!! Is this purely decorative or a manufacturing mistake? The question I really need answered is can I simply fill the can with packing material, or will it plug up with 2 stroke oil and cause damage? I filled it with fmf repack material last night and it does run well and is at an acceptible noise level. Thanks for any help or advice!
Take a diameter size of the pipe............Purchase a piece of perforated tubing in the right diameter....roll the packing around and install it into the can,,,,,,,,,,,To quiet it even more you can weld a washer over the output hole on the top and bend it back a lil on the bottom to eleviate backpressure,,,,,,,,,

This is my X15 exhaust but you can see the perforated tubing I use to mod all my pipes.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts