Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this clutch today. used a 5/16". 1/4" and 9/64" drill for the 6 holes.
Stock it was 182 grams, modded 176 grams, only a 6 g. loss, sure don't seem like much though. Have to wait till i use it.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Nice job EPR...looks good..............Your clutch has the thin metal shoes already so that 6 grams lost times the # of rpms it spins will be a noticeable difference in midrange punch over bottomend enhancements

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
It should help some but what you need to do is get the aluminum clutch than do that to it. Stock the aluminum clutch is about 40% lighter to start with.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats one of the 5 clutches I got at Dave's for $2 I think, have not seen my clutch thats on the scooter, but it could be alum shoes cause it works real good, lifts the front tire on and there is no steering under full throttle unless you lean over the handle bars, so I don't think it is slipping.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Nice.. After trying myself i'm even more impressed.. What Magic Drill bit did you use to get through that hard metal?? I think I burned 2 bits out and didn’t even make it through once...

Was the difference noticeable??

N!ps

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use some gold colored titanium coated drills. A drill press, and real low speed on the drill and oil in the hole. Never try to drill a brake disc, now that's hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts