Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded monster)
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided i want to start salvaging razor electric bikes that need work, buying them second hand from people who dont know how to fix them or just dont want to for cheap and upgrading them to resell to kids and adults for about what they sell for in stock condition in good shape.

The builds would depend on what the customer was looking for, with the basic build being (for the mx line) stock motor, modded stock speed controller and 36v 14ah lithium ion battery pack for $400 including cost of the bike itself. A step up would replace the 36v battery with a 48v 10ah lithium ion battery pack for $450. The next step up would be a 48v 14ah battery pack for $500. Then the next step up is a 48v 20ah for $550. For one identical to mine I'd charge $650 and that entails a 36v 800w motor swap, modded speed controller and 48v 20ah lithium ion battery pack. $850would get you a 48v 20ah lithium ion battery pack, 48v speed controller and 2000w brushless motor and $1200 gets you "the demon", 72v 14ah battery pack, 72v speed controller and 3000w brushless motor with adjustable gas shock upgrade in the rear.

Pretty dope right?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know what you mean and that's why I try to keep the price reasonable. For the cost of a brand new one they could have one with twice the power and 20 mile range! And I do half the cost up front and the other half upon completion which allows me to order the parts for their specific needs without it being out of pocket in case they back out last minute... plus it makes it a bit more affordable that way.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
That's a really good idea on half up front. Then at least you have no money out of pocket even if they bail out. Make it non-refundable

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a really good idea on half up front. Then at least you have no money out of pocket even if they bail out. Make it non-refundable
Yeah that's the idea, and I really don't want to deal with the hassle of returning parts so I don't think I'll be doing any refunding

·
Registered
64 Posts
That depends on a lot. I think the cheapest bike ive done was simply overvolting an mx650 that i got at a flea market for $100. Put an orange battery in it, 48v controller, variable throttle, and then some crf50 plastics and literally the cheapest graphics i could find on ebay which were about $20 at the time. Guy was happy to pay $500 for it. I made a little over $100 on it. And for the price of a new bike he got a quality lithium setup and a lot more speed for his kid.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I totally dig your work dhughes, and I look forward to landing a consumer base for the more wild of builds. Right now my customers are the poor families with troublesome youths in need of a hobby to get them out of trouble and having good safe fun. This mx650 is a customer build for $300... modded speed controller, rebuilt 650w motor (original motor dropped a magnet so I swapped cases for one with good magnets), 89 tooth rear sprocket from a pocket mod and will be adding a 4th sla 12v 12ah battery.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Green Motor vehicle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats awesome raddad. Maybe i can send you some parts to help your cause. Ive honestly thrown away 3 650 motors in good shape after i removed the sprocket. Never thought about somebody needing them. Ive tossed a bunch of plastics that were in good shape too. I'll look through my parts shelves and see what i have.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats awesome raddad. Maybe i can send you some parts to help your cause. Ive honestly thrown away 3 650 motors in good shape after i removed the sprocket. Never thought about somebody needing them. Ive tossed a bunch of plastics that were in good shape too. I'll look through my parts shelves and see what i have.
That would be absolutely stellar! You have NO idea how helpful that would be! So far my clients have had a budget of 450 or less so to get the most performance out of their bikes I've had to modify their stock equipment or use better secondhand parts such as the larger rear sprocket off the pocket mod and so on... it's not exactly lucrative business but so far they're happy and happy customers make the business.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay so i found something right away I think you would be interested in. I have 2 of these brand new battery/controller combos out of new bikes we modded directly out of the box. I THINK they'll each fit in a medium flat rate box, which is like what 16 or 17 bucks right now? You can have them for the price of shipping if they'll help you out. You can pm me or friend request me on facebook @ MobCity Razors.

Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Auto part Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
So how I started off was modding bikes for my family. Then friends wanted them so I did their bikes for free they just bought the parts. Then friends of friends wanted them so i charged them like 100 bucks plus parts. Now we're getting people ive never met, or friends of friends of friends, and I make about $250 per bike. Which is ALMOST worth the time i put in. Lol! But its really cool in our town of only 8000 people to have about 20 modded razors running around town.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay so i found something right away I think you would be interested in. I have 2 of these brand new battery/controller combos out of new bikes we modded directly out of the box. I THINK they'll each fit in a medium flat rate box, which is like what 16 or 17 bucks right now? You can have them for the price of shipping if they'll help you out. You can pm me or friend request me on facebook @ MobCity Razors.

View attachment 160936
that's awesome! I'd absolutely add you on Facebook but I'm in Facebook jail for another 6 days lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts