Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have already ordered a new intake and am looking into carbon fiber reeds for better low end torque. Being the impulsive mod buyer i am i would like to know if the parts i buy would atleast fit lol. Do carbon fiber reeds for the b1 also fit the 2.5? or is there a difference

·
Administrator
3,549 Posts
No the 2.5 is its own beast it's actually a genuine Robin/Subaru NB411 Blata did not make the engine.

The china CAG engine is almost an exact copy but keep in mind the engine on the 2.5 has a 40 mm bore the coil and flywheel will not interchange.

Most people swap the 2.5 engine with the CAG 49cc engine it has a 44mm cylinder ( bigger boar ) better parts availability and mod ability the Chinese copy the nb411 so perfectly that the bolt pattern and everything lines up exactly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the 2.5 is its own beast it's actually a genuine Robin/Subaru NB411 Blata did not make the engine.

The china CAG engine is almost an exact copy but keep in mind the engine on the 2.5 has a 40 mm bore the coil and flywheel will not interchange.

Most people swap the 2.5 engine with the CAG 49cc engine it has a 44mm cylinder ( bigger boar ) better parts availability and mod ability the Chinese copy the nb411 so perfectly that the bolt pattern and everything lines up exactly.
don’t feel like swapping it right now, are carbon reeds even available for this thing

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

didn’t want to make another thread but i’m currently having an issue where it bogs down under throttle and won’t rev higher than low end but only under weight, sparks fine, carb was cleaned, jet cleaned, tank washed through. my only guess is that when i’m on it it’s taking in too much fuel and dying?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didn’t want to make another thread but i’m currently having an issue where it bogs down under throttle and won’t rev higher than low end but only under weight, sparks fine, carb was cleaned, jet cleaned, tank washed through. my only guess is that when i’m on it it’s taking in too much fuel and dying?
update, where this bike used to run was about a 1000 ft elevation distance higher than where it is now so i think increasing the jet size by one or two should fix my bogging issue

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i’m running 93 octane with 50:1 full synthetic so if that applies under premium fuel then
it wouldn’t even accelerate with an air filter on it, took it off just to see what the issue could potentially be and it actually accelerated to almost top end ish but was still horrible low end and splotchy gaining speed, leading me to believe it’s the jetting again

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it wouldn’t even accelerate with an air filter on it, took it off just to see what the issue could potentially be and it actually accelerated to almost top end ish but was still horrible low end and splotchy gaining speed, leading me to believe it’s the jetting again
one more thing, it has custom designed plastic liveries that say gainesville georgia, which has an altitude of 1250 ft according to google and in florida where i’m at it’s about 10 ft above sea level , up the jet or downsize the jet? does it matter to such an extent where it’ll bog and be splotchy?

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,386 Posts
I would think 1000ft wouldn't really make much of a difference, but rule of thumb, higher altitude less air, which less fuel needed, lower altitude more air, more fuel needed.
I don't believe the altitude is the problem. If it was mine, I would pull the carb apart, and the reed setup, check it all over, and check the exhaust, make sure there isn't a nest in it.
Basically make sure nothing is blocking the flow in and out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would think 1000ft wouldn't really make much of a difference, but rule of thumb, higher altitude less air, which less fuel needed, lower altitude more air, more fuel needed.
I don't believe the altitude is the problem. If it was mine, I would pull the carb apart, and the reed setup, check it all over, and check the exhaust, make sure there isn't a nest in it.
Basically make sure nothing is blocking the flow in and out.
glanced at the reeds when i took apart the carb and they seemed fine, maybe a little stiff but they're metal so what do you expect, I dm'ed chrisi to see if he had carbon reeds because i couldn't find them anywhere online. what would i look for in the exhaust when you say nest? I could post a video if that helps diagnose

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
glanced at the reeds when i took apart the carb and they seemed fine, maybe a little stiff but they're metal so what do you expect, I dm'ed chrisi to see if he had carbon reeds because i couldn't find them anywhere online. what would i look for in the exhaust when you say nest? I could post a video if that helps diagnose
might i add the spark plug is pretty dark which would mean rich no? i feel like if i jet smaller than 52 it would be too small

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
really need to stop buying parts before i confirm what i even need :LOL: 25 pc jet kit on the way. time to buy some slides too, how the hell does it tune like that and why wouldnt they just have screws??
from what i understand, low end and idle is the slide and top end is mainly the jets? definitely gonna need a guide on this. can't find different slides anywhere either. Is it a diy shaving kind of thing?

even with all of this im not 100% sure this is the issue with my sputtering. it ran and revved out (poorly albeit) after i took off the air filter which suggested air delivery was poor? bunch of variables that i need to adjust because to be honest im stumped

·
Administrator
3,549 Posts
The slides come in a kit you can only get from the carburetor manufacturer website

Lol after that thing emptys out your wallet you will wish you did that 65$ CAG swap then slowly build up that Blata engine to swap back over

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The slides come in a kit you can only get from the carburetor manufacturer website

Lol after that thing emptys out your wallet you will wish you did that 65$ CAG swap then slowly build up that Blata engine to swap back over
im sure i will too haha ;) i think i just want the satisfaction of a building up an original piece yknow? When you say on the carbs manufacturer website are you referring to the dellorto carb in specific or in general thats where youll usually find them.

·
Administrator
3,549 Posts
im sure i will too haha ;) i think i just want the satisfaction of a building up an original piece yknow? When you say on the carbs manufacturer website are you referring to the dellorto carb in specific or in general thats where youll usually find them.
Right on 👍

Your looking for these basically look at this picture and figure out which one you have in there now and then buy the one bigger and the one smaller

The manufacturer used to have them on the website you could buy all of them in a kit for $60 but I'm not seeing that anymore all I see is website selling individual ones which is strange to me.
Rectangle Font Metal Auto part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right on 👍

Your looking for these basically look at this picture and figure out which one you have in there now and then buy the one bigger and the one smaller

The manufacturer used to have them on the website you could buy all of them in a kit for $60 but I'm not seeing that anymore all I see is website selling individual ones which is strange to me. View attachment 161807
saw that image too but i only saw it used in guides explaining the slide tuning and not selling them LOL. gotta love 20 year old bikes from across the ocean

I see the model numbers on each slide, i assume i just look up the one i want to install and hope its sold?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts