Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I ordered my stage 2 44mm big bore kit from here http://www.bigmotorsport.com/products/Stage-2-Big-Bore-44mm-Upgrade-Kit.html. Is there anything else that is recommended to be done along side of the big bore kit. I am planning on getting a carbon fiber or fiberglass reed and doing the cheap reed mod with the new reed and the stock reed, also I plan on modding the stock exhaust by adding 4-6 inches to the expansion chamber. I know I am probably going to have to re-jet my stock carb and move the clip on the throttle rod but is there anything else I should do to go along with the big bore kit?

Edit - Should I order and install a rocket key to advance the timing? Will it be beneficial with the mods I said I was doing?

Well I went ahead and ordered a Carbon Racing Reed, and a Rocket Key from http://www.scooterdomain.com/category_s/1083.htm. I am hoping they show up around the same time as my bbk so I can do the mods in stages and feel the different each individual change makes.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Good choice on the B/B kit, should work good, but you need to check the Squish, the space between the head cap and piston top. Some have 2mm or .080", way to much, good is .5mm .020" for hp power. Also the exhaust ports might alittle modding.
I just use the $9.95 plain CF reeds and grind the reed stops back, tried the 3 stage reeds, never could make them work. You need a good big belly exhaust and a bigger or modded stock carb with a .70mm main jet, piston needle clip down 2 slots to start.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's just a starting point. You can bore the rear bore from .510" to .565" , make sure the intake is .565" also and taper bore the front out to the middle of the choke ring, or just do the front. Boosted306 here for $20 can make your carb 14/17mm with a swirl bore front. I have 2, they work much better than a stock. You ship it to him and he pays shipping back.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Well I just got a email from Paypal saying I got a refund on the bigbore kit, I went to the site http://www.bigmotorsport.com/product...grade-Kit.html and it now says they are out of stock and the price was changed to N/A. Now I have to buy another bbk from somewhere else.
It happens when you have one of the best deals on big bore kits.....I myself have bought quite a few of them aswell as pumper carb retrofit kits....It sux but it happens....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It happens when you have one of the best deals on big bore kits.....I myself have bought quite a few of them aswell as pumper carb retrofit kits....It sux but it happens....
Yeah it does suck, so I ordered one from ebay for the same price. Should be here Friday or Saturday along with my rocket key and carbon reed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's just a starting point. You can bore the rear bore from .510" to .565" , make sure the intake is .565" also and taper bore the front out to the middle of the choke ring, or just do the front. Boosted306 here for $20 can make your carb 14/17mm with a swirl bore front. I have 2, they work much better than a stock. You ship it to him and he pays shipping back.

is boosted still around? I just did a search and the last post I saw by him was 6-14-2012. I will send him a pm just to be sure cause I might want him to look over my bbk as well.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yeah it does suck, so I ordered one from ebay for the same price. Should be here Friday or Saturday along with my rocket key and carbon reed.
Make sure you order the LARGE rocket key.........Good deal on finding another kit.......:thumbsup:

Yes Sam is around....He keeps watch over us bumbling thumbs.....His last post was in EPR's thread about the canted head......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you order the LARGE rocket key.........Good deal on finding another kit.......:thumbsup:

Yes Sam is around....He keeps watch over us bumbling thumbs.....His last post was in EPR's thread about the canted head......

The one i ordered was from scooter domain, here is the link http://www.scooterdomain.com/Timing_Advance_Key_Rocket_Key_Cag_47cc_49cc_p/cgtm300873.htm
It was in the 43-49cc performance parts section so I figured it was the correct one. I sent Sam (boosted306) a pm just waiting on a reply. I am probably gonna send the bbk and my stock carb to him for some work.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The one i ordered was from scooter domain, here is the link http://www.scooterdomain.com/Timing_Advance_Key_Rocket_Key_Cag_47cc_49cc_p/cgtm300873.htm
It was in the 43-49cc performance parts section so I figured it was the correct one. I sent Sam (boosted306) a pm just waiting on a reply. I am probably gonna send the bbk and my stock carb to him for some work.
Awesome.......Thats the correct one.......:thumbsup:

Sam will get back to ya in a few days...he does the mods on the side for PBP members and has a real job.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I kinda figured he did that stuff on the side. Maybe while I wait I can clean up my frame a little and mod the exhaust...hmm that probably can wait until next week as I have a Mardi Gras Ball I am getting ready for on the 19th (Saturday) and I have ALOT of jello shots to be making.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Man i miss going to Mardi Gra. I used drive down when i lived in Dallas TX.

Have fun and be safe. :)

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yes, get ahold of Sam, he has Kits of his own, the 3 Stage Billet Head and Cylinder is my favorite one, have him Swirl bore and rejet your carb. He can do it cheaper than you can. If you don't hear from him soon I have his e-mail address. Just tell him what you want and he can set you up. I keep telling him to get Power By Sam stickers,lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, get ahold of Sam, he has Kits of his own, the 3 Stage Billet Head and Cylinder is my favorite one, have him Swirl bore and rejet your carb. He can do it cheaper than you can. If you don't hear from him in a soon I have his e-mail address. Just tell him what you want and he can set you up. I keep telling him to get Power By Sam stickers,lol.
I got a hold of him and got quotes, I will be sending him everything when I get it in at the end of the week.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You won't be sorry. When he did my 2 Cag engines, he put his stuff on and the modded carb, and ran it, and shipped it back. I put it in my test bike and it started on the 3rd pull. Later you can move up to a Walbro carb and modded intake manifold for boost bottle. You can drill & tap a hole in the bottom off the plastic intake w/ 1/8" NPT and put a 1/4 or 5/16" barb fitting for hose off the boost bottle. Or buy a kit, with bottle & manifold for $35, at BIS, or the bottle alone w/ hose and fitting $20.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I didnt get my engine sent to sam, but I did have a friend in my area that builds engines look at the big bore kit and he built it for me (everything sam would have done). Now I have my engine built and I was putting it back in but while I was installing the throttle the **** screw cap cracked and bustedmarcelo. So Now I am going to go to my local lawn mower shop to see if they have anything like it if not I will get a new carburetor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.