Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cag is kinda chokeing when i give it full throtlle the bike almost dies when i let off a little it saves it from dieing but does not respond good. The choke is open so i dont think it s the choke anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong with my bike? The muffler fell off i dont know if that could be doing it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
josh18t said:
my cag is kinda chokeing when i give it full throtlle the bike almost dies when i let off a little it saves it from dieing but does not respond good. The choke is open so i dont think it s the choke anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong with my bike? The muffler fell off i dont know if that could be doing it?
Same thing happens to mine i think they call it bogging.To fix dat you have to change that black box on the back of your carb to a ada racing filter or any other racing filter anythings better than that black box i need to fix mine to cuz it does the same thing.also i still have my muffler on so its not that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Adjust your clip on the needle in the carb to the 5th position..closes to the point....That should help you.....with the bogging issues....Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phantom727 said:
Same thing happens to mine i think they call it bogging.To fix dat you have to change that black box on the back of your carb to a ada racing filter or any other racing filter anythings better than that black box i need to fix mine to cuz it does the same thing.also i still have my muffler on so its not that.
you sure i called this shop and they said i need the muffler because of the back pressure and thats why im bogging but who knows you could be right thanks for replying
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Josh....You just have to work out all the bugs on your bike....Don't feel like you have to buy modified parts or what ever for it....somewhere here on this forum you can find the basic common problems that happen to the cags...Newbie forum.....make sure there is no plastic in your fuel system/tank...it will work it's way down into the petcock and carb....or jet...that could be the problem ...but if you already did all that or already have a fuel filter on.....then you need to adjust your clip on your needle in your carb....unscrew the top of your carb...and you will see it in there....and carfully put the clip to the closes to the pointed end of the needle...look at the newbie forum it should be all posted in there....but don't let people talk you into after market parts to fix your problem with bogging issues.....because some bikes run great right out of the box....some need to be tinkered with....Good Luck....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
If it is just the silenmcer then ur fine, othjerwisr get a new exhaust.

josh18t said:
you sure i called this shop and they said i need the muffler because of the back pressure and thats why im bogging but who knows you could be right thanks for replying
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
LOL...Oh well...I tried...LOL...buy a new pipe because you have back preasure...LOL...the guys just trying to sell you a new pipe.......My son took 3rd place out of 20 riders without the muffler part.....That has nothing to do with the bogging (choking ).... adjust your needle...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woof said:
Josh....You just have to work out all the bugs on your bike....Don't feel like you have to buy modified parts or what ever for it....somewhere here on this forum you can find the basic common problems that happen to the cags...Newbie forum.....make sure there is no plastic in your fuel system/tank...it will work it's way down into the petcock and carb....or jet...that could be the problem ...but if you already did all that or already have a fuel filter on.....then you need to adjust your clip on your needle in your carb....unscrew the top of your carb...and you will see it in there....and carfully put the clip to the closes to the pointed end of the needle...look at the newbie forum it should be all posted in there....but don't let people talk you into after market parts to fix your problem with bogging issues.....because some bikes run great right out of the box....some need to be tinkered with....Good Luck....
i cant find the Newbie fourm
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top