Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Whats up i wanna buy a 4.2 hp race motor similar to the one in the link but i dont know if it will bolt up properly on my x3 cause i know i have a different type of motor the motor in the picture directly bolts up to a cag pocket bike but idont know if it will on mine please helppp .

54cc High Performance Pocket bike Engine Stage 5, 4.2hp | eBay
It wont work too well unless you cut off the zenoah engine mount and mount the engine this way.....................

You may have to weld in a wider engine plate to get the engine mounted up too...............

I got a 5 port cag thats similar horsepower and my modded X1 49cc bike still overtakes the 5 port on the topend runs.......The X1 has a 25 tooth rear and the cag a 47...The samllest you can get for both

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Dude, why would you want a belt drive...Bull..chain is more lasting.
Maybe you dont know what a CVT transmission is or does but Ill explain it in easy terms..........

under load the smaller side gets bigger and the bigger side smaller..............;-Thats the variation where the end result is another 8-10 mph more on the topend when the belt pulley sizes flip-flop under high speed load............Like the vid......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBgZMOvqbX4

My old red X1 and old silver X2 both had 49cc engines......Both were modded the same and i had them plus another black x1 at the same time.........

The red X1 went 36.2 mph on GPS with the stock gearing.......The silver X2 went 44.7mph on stock gearing

My current green X1 goes 41.3mph with 49cc engine modded and 25 tooth rear sprocket and 36.6mph on stock gearing...........If I would of gotten a 40 tooth for the X2 instead of the 45 it comes with it definately of been hitting speeds over 50 mph but at 45 it was a rattly,sloppy deathtrap with flintstone feet assisted braking I had to do to get it to stop..........The green one is the same way but this time I have plans for with better forks and rear shock setup aswell as swingarm pivot and brakes............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts