Pocketbike Forum banner

Motorized BMX Funding Request

1K views 22 replies 3 participants last post by  MrKitty 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! As you may already know, I have been posting up my progress on a motorized BMX bike build and would like to begin by extending my thanks to all of those who have commented and imparted their suggestions to enhance the quality of the build as it makes headway towards completion. At this point in time, I would like to make it known to those who are willing to help me see this through to the end that I am requesting a total fund of $250 to help cover the cost of the bracket mount prototype that I have developed since starting on this project. I have had nearly 300 views on my posts on this forum, and if each person who viewed donated at least $1, I would have been well over my goal! For more information on the bracket mount, please review the document attached. I have set up a GoFundMe Fundraiser and would really appreciate it if you would consider donating to my project, as each and every dollar makes the finalization of this project more attainable. Upon completion of this project, I will release my entire process to build the motorized BMX, with each step clearly elaborated, so that this can be replicated in the future and further improved. I hope you all find this project worthy of your contribution and I am eager to get into the next phase of development on this project. Feel free to message me anytime and ride safe!

PLEASE VISIT THE FUNDRAISING SITE HERE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!

Please share this request with other who might be interested in this process. If you prefer to donate via alternate method (PayPal, etc), please message me so I can accommodate to your convenience. Thank you

Special thanks to @CAM2, @silverbullitt7, @MrKitty, @PBrider56 , and @HapG127 for the warm welcome to the forum!​

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You should take Mr Kitty up on his generousity to 3d print things..According to him hes a master at it and has a top notch machine too doing nothing waiting to do projects.

He stated he can make any member who requests it an actual size prototype if you have the dimensions etc to make to see if youre wasting your money and time but I guarantee it will be some lame excuse that either the machines broke hes out of town etc because it appears you have the dimensions of the part needed so it should be an easy pm and off to the races with the d-limonene.......

I dont think too many would be donating to a motorized BMX with gasoline engine especially if they look up the bike laws in Honolulu concerning bicycles and even the registration of simple pedal bikes let alone ones with a gasoline engine.....

If I remember right a pedal bikes brakes must be effective to stop a bike in like 20ft from 10mph...

So what is the actual purpose to this project..?Whats the intentions of it that youd ask the public to donate?

You dont state if its for transportation or mass production to where youll capitalize from it and if thats so you dont even have a viable business;-maybe you do.......Maybe if you made a pic of the part and said it was needed in a handicapped person project youd of gotten more donations by now,,,I guess Elons got too much money out to donate to your cause..

Maybe if your answers are good maybe Ill donate but I dont do gofund me...I pay cash and send it by mail...LOL

I hope you reach your goals and good luck................

Cash Paper Money Linens Beige

#3 ·
Thanks a lot @CAM2 for your insight! My purpose is to develop a bottom bracket that can, ultimately, be mass produced in shop, which would lower the cost by a lot. In fact, if more people were interested in the bracket, I can get it to be around $50 per unit, but that depends on a lot of demand.

As far as regulations go, I've seen a number of people with rigged up bikes here in the city! That's one of the reasons why I started to do this. In fact, going under 20mph is considered a moped speed, so there is no endorsement required, although it is highly recommended to get the bike licensed in the case that it is stolen.

I'd like to take this up with @MrKitty because it would be nice to get this off the ground, or at least have a prototype to test stuff out!

#5 · (Edited)
My machine is definitely not broken!!!

If you design a part and upload it to thingiverse and send me a link to the STL I will print it out for free for members here I'll even pay the shipping out of my pocket (flat rate US only) there's no reason for this technology to sit here and not do anything.

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Yes or any file sharing site will work I don't know if this site will allow you to attach STL files

I'll drop it into my slicer ( that's the program that takes a 3D model and makes it into layers) and if it says it's good to print I'll print it right out immediately otherwise you might have to make some minor touch-ups sometimes it says stuff like object error not manifold don't worry I'll let you know as soon as I get the STL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.