Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something else to ride while I replace the old pos piston port 49cc in my cateye. I see the community has slowed down a lot in recent years and it's been hard getting responses on the dying facebook groups. Theres lots of things I'm unclear about and I would appreciate some parts links and knowledge since most of the threads I end up at are full of dead photobucket links.

What are some essential mods for these? Do the new epa cert bikes come with sealed jets and if so what's a good adjustable one with jet set and filter to replace with? Also exhaust, I dont see any with more than a fake "banana" expansion chamber for sale on Ebay, am I better just having a straight pipe fabbed? I also see aftermarket heads and cylinders but I'm super wary of buying a paper weight, I own a dremel and dont care to mess stuff up if they're worth modifying or running as is. Last I intend to haul it around racing random parking lots, would stock tires with warmers be sufficient and if not what are some good options available in the US? I'm located in Tennessee and interested in a Blata or similar if anyone is selling as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In my opinion you have a great motor. There are plenty of options out there. If you’re looking for exhaust on eBay look up X1 fatty pipe or X1 skinny pipe. That’s about all there is out there. As far as cylinder heads there are a few on Amazon and eBay that I noticed and yes please bust out the Dremel and work at like I remember reading CAM2, EPR, and boosted306. The most knowledgeable guys on this forum, unfortunately they are not here anymore. Hopefully some of the other guys that seem to have knowledge that are still on here and help more. But instantly I would say do a little bit of taper boring of your carbAnd get an exhaust and probably a rocket key. You could always shave down your fly wheel, do some clutch upgrades, also do a little blue printing on the cases. I hope that helps

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but your not racing a Cateye, its to heavy, the rear shock is a Pogo Stick. Reed or piston port you need to modify almost every part, and cut the cyld and use a Cag hp billet or alum head. On my super pocket 110cc X bike had to buy a real shock and make a bracket to mount it. Well that is unless you like Death Wobbles, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don’t think he wants to race is Cateye, he just wants to make it better than stock and actually get responses. But Yes after the few upgrades I said He could move on to doing the cylinder head like you suggested.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a Cateye front forks and whole rear arm section in my parts storage, The front forks suck to too, they just bounce up and down, no problem at 24 mph. Need to put heavy oil in the front forks. It has a 4.5" rear shock, sorry, Pogo Stick. I had to buy a 6" BMX bicycle shock and build a bracket to mount the over length of the shock, which raised the seat 4" , way to much rake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was actually wondering about the MTA2 clones on eBay and Amazon, if I was serious about racing I'd hold out for a Polini, Blata or at least a replica but for 300ish bucks I was hoping they'd be enough fun for abandoned parking lots. Pocket bike racing is completely dead in my part of the US so it would be purely for fun with friends. I have no intentions of racing the cateye anytime soon, it's going to sit until I find a cheap donor 4spd 125cc Lorcin to throw on. View attachment 159723

1 - 6 of 6 Posts