Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
ok...

first off, the MSX part is a fancy name they give it, so it would appeal to the buyer...
here, we call the MSX a cateyes, and the MSX-X2 a X1 or X2 (X2 sumtimes have CVT)

and there is no real standard for these bikes... 1 guys may be the best in the world, and your bike( same as his) could be a PO F*g Sh*t...

most ppl say that the X2 is better, cuz it is supposedley "newer and improved"

again, the speed really depends on your bike, but most again say the X2 is faster stock...

i chose the cateyes/X3 cuz of the headlights...

but its your bike, so choose wat u want...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Okay, a couple questions what exactly does the CVT transmission do?

And does anyone have picture of the X2 in ble or black b/c thats what color I plan on getting it in?

The site says they go 40-45 mph is that true lol?

iDR07 how was your cateyes bike? Stll working well? What was the stock speed?

Which would you guys buy?

·
Registered
40 Posts
x2 is faster after you mess with it alittle, (all factory stuff) X1 chain tranny is only good down low. And 45 outt the box yea right. and the cats eye is a good bike but it's to low to tun well on, in any case don;t buy from them they want way to much money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks so I'll buy the X2.
To much money...where is a place I can find them cheaper?
Max stock speed on X2 would be around 28 im guessing? Am I right?

·
Registered
866 Posts
id would say about 28....

IF U GET REALLY LUCKY....

about 21-25 is more common...

CVT is a continuously variable transmission( or sumthing along those lines)

it changes distance or sumtin, and it, in turn, makes the belt inside loosen or tighten, depending on weight and speed(i think)...

for the pics, check SVC.com
http://svc.com/svc-specialedition.html

and i like my cateyes... it didnt hold up to well tho... all my wires were burned, so i had to go to no electricals...

other than that, and the pegs hittin the ground as i turn, and how my seat broke in 2 hours, and how my intake manifold is constantly getting loose...

and how my throttle broke, and how the brakes suck ***, and how my pipe broke....

and how my spark plug always gets loose,

its perfect...

btw... those arent all the things that happend to my bike... theres more...

·
Registered
122 Posts
A cvt bike will do 30 mph
Are you for real? I'm not doubting it because when I was running my stock X2 I could not confirm if it ever got to that. That's a cool thing to know about the cvt bikes, though.

One thing I do know...
After my bike was broken in and tuned it did behave differently. AND
After doing some heavy mods, I went BACK to the stock sprocket because the original gearing does allow you to get MUCH better top end than the larger one inthe back. (Yes, basic knowledge, but I didn't know that the 52 tooth sprocket would sacrifice so much top end.

I'm biased, but X2's ROCK!
I don't know enuff about this new stlye midbike, but the clearance looks like a problem for cornering. It does, however, seem better made than the last round of stockers.

my $0.02 :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Get what you like. Their both good bikes if u take care of them. They will both break down the 1st day you get them if you dont maintain it correctly and make sure everything is nice and tight.

·
Registered
541 Posts
nightfall said:
Are you for real?
Thats what the swinn said set at 1017,and technicaly its not stock i guess.We took the cover off the airbox so it was less restrictive.It says 35 on the stock speedo,and 30.3 or somthin on the shwinn.It is a strong running x2 though,the other one isnt as fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts