Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup racers!!! Well Im new to this forum, joined not to long ago and I was spying through all the posts and threads on pocket bike upgrades and mods. But I did't find anything on MT-A4 pocket bikes. Now Im a bit of a noob when it comes to PB but i believe its a rep. of a Blata B1 am I right. Its a fun little bike, its watter cooled and it runs perfect. But I was thinking is there anyway I can make it a bit faster, now I did find a site thats sell 20mm carb for (Blata C1) and alot other performance parts ( like reeds,a bronze combustion dome, 3 shoe adjustable clutch set and ect..) So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about MT-A4 bike and how to make them run better, best fuel and oil mix ratio and just basic maintenance of the bike. O and also for the radiator is there anything i can add to the water thats it will make the bike run cooler, when i got the bike the water was blue so I guess they added something to it but idk what it is. :)

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Never trust the fluids the chinese put in them......Get a quality coolant and mix it 50/50..You can add water wetter to help aid the transfer of heat........

Theres better reeds like composite reeds,,better exhaust,,hp wire mod,,and the carb you were talking about.....

Then theres more technical issues like measuring the squish and them adjusting it tighter to increase power by bumping up the compression........Theres also ways to port time them to run more aggressively..............

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Yes, the MT-A4 (aka C-1) is a Chinese replica of the B-1 Origami. As for beefing it up, there's always a way to get a little more juice out of it: new carbs, tuned exhaust pipes, big bore kits, gearing changes ... the list goes on. Faster? They already run 45mph .... Well, I guess you're another speed addict, so you'll fit in just fine here!

For the radiator, I'm not sure what the blue stuff is, but using Water Wetter (red bottle) seems to work pretty good.

Most of the guys on here run anywhere for 32:1 (standard mix) to 40:1. I know a few guys are even running 50:1, which is what the manufacturers "recommend," but to me, that's just way too chintzy on oil. Remember, as you're burning gas, you're also burning the oil needed to lubricate the engine. Personally, I run 32:1 - might smoke a little more, but at least I know I'm getting plenty of oil into the engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm interesting ,so parts that fit C1 will fit my bike. Also for the water wetter do I mix it 50/50 with water, or do I have to mix water with coolant and then add water wetter? Also since this bike is used I get like a bell noise coming from the clutch while its idling. The owner did say he installed a new clutch so I idk what could that noise be maybe something is loose?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts