Pocketbike Forum banner

MX 650 30+ set up question

7K views 16 replies 2 participants last post by  aproldan 
#1 ·
I would really apprecaite it if someone was able to help me with my question it seems fairly simple for those that are into electronics. I want to run my 60v battery and controller set up with either a 48v 1000w motor, 36v 1000w motor or 60v 2000w motor. Which one would run best and fastest? thanks for any and all of your help

#3 ·
i was told over volting is apopular thing to do and it allows the scooter to achive no more of a top speed but rather more tourque and power up to speed. Thats why I was wondering if a 48v motor could handle 72v....I was also told that any increase 2x greater would burn the motor but 1,5x does not. have you ever herd of such a thing? TNC waas thibnking about carrying the 60v 2000w motor but i dont know if theya re going to call them up, josh

#4 ·
over volting these motors will fry them up if you don't keep an eye on your motor... the controllers have a big part in the way the motor will perform... but if the controller is not regulated it will dump too much amps at stall and heat that motor up quickly... good way to find out if you get too much amps being dumped into your motor is you will hear a humming( that's the best way i can describe the sound) when you start to turn your throttle... a good regulated controller will not dump a huge amount of amps off... it will only put out amps when the motor needs it....

#5 ·
Thank you for your help so far. Everything you said makes 100% sense to me. I decieded on a set up and i was wondering if you could tell me if this controller i picked out would work well.
I am going to have 6 12v 12ah batteries,
With the 48v 1000w motor (I heard about the 48v 1200W but dont know if it would make a differnece can seem to find one)
As for a controller.....Now I found a controller with these specs...do you think it would work well? Is it a regulated amp controller like you where saying in your last post? Thanks again for all your hel;p I really appreciate this, josh
Item Description: Rated Voltage: 72 Volts  Rated power: 1500 watts Under Voltage Protection: 62 Volts   Maximum Current: 45 Amps Usable Motor: 1500 Watts 3 phase 120° or 60° brushless motor.   Operating Conditions: -20℃-45℃Size: 180*85*45mm   Waterproof design !!   function: this item Suitable for Electric for electric   bike & scooter (3 phase 120° or 60° brushless motor)Other Model is available:
60V/1200W (45A)

#6 ·
I heard about the 48v 1200W but dont know if it would make a differnece can't seem to find one)
that's probably because i may be the last one that has an extra one sitting on my work bench.. and besides they stop making them... but yes it would make a big difference in power and speed...i have one in my ride on tractor that i converted... i set it up with a 48v/50amp controller and it's almost 2.5years later and she still runs great.. here is a vid haven't had one problem with it......
i also use it to haul wood... she's a toy and a work horse...

#9 ·
I would use it on a project I am working on to make a powerful dirt bike to carry me around burlington vt. and go in some mild trails. I plan on running either a 60 or 72 volt battery set up to the motor. I do not know much about controllers...I need to find one for this set up. using the appropriat contoller ans twist trhottle, chargers, etc. I hope to have a pretty fast enviornmently safe transportaion. This fourm is a great place to learn and find help. Thanks to places like this guys like me who dont know to much can really participate in the world of electronics. I figure between that and some dedication this project will get done properly. I have a friend who does all my wleding so building a scoup (boxing out) the swing arm will be no problem to fit the motor. Let me know what you think about the set up if you wouldnt mind Thanks again, Josh

#10 ·
and how fast your look to go? i see nothing but problems for you if you are hooked on using the MY1020 motors, especially if your going to over volt them... now if your looking to go 25mph and you have someone that is good at welding and fabing the rear i posted a motor controller setup that i have for sale that is more then capable of handling you riding need... i even posted a vid of the test run i did with it on and off the road... pm me if you think you could use it....

#11 ·
Do you think it is a btter idea to buy from you the 1200w 48v motor and use a 48v battery pack? If you are willing to sell it I will buy it for that. the 48v motor with the 48 battery pack and a conventional controller to match will be a much safer and fast enough ride. let me know thanks

#12 ·
i'm not saying it will be better to buy it from me but you won't be able to find that motor on sell from anyone or find one that was never used... i bought a lot of motors from tncscooters, but been selling the ones that been just sitting around because i've been doing bigger and more powerful projects.. so i rather see someone have fun with them rather then just watch them collect dust... but the 1200 watt motor is a very strong motor and done right will last a long time like the one i put in my tractor 2.5 years ago...

#13 ·
so if you would liek to sell it to me for my project i would greatly appreciate it. My offer to you is 100.00 for it, let me know if you are happy with that or if you where looking for somehting else. Like i said i would love! to have that mototr it seems perfect for my project becuse now i dont have to overvolt, just a simple 48v set up. but with mor epower than that 1000w. It sounds great. thanks

#14 ·
My offer to you is 100.00 for it, let me know if you are happy with that
lol you know this isn't ebay lol... but the price is 135.00 but as of right now i need to wait on this because someone else responded before you so to be fair i need to wait for him to call me back... but even if he don't buy it the price will still be 135.00... sorry that price is still about 40 buck lower then what it should be....:(

#16 ·
sorry controllers i do not have one that i would sell you( the ones i have laying around are the 48v/100amp controllers, unless you have a 48volt/24amp hour battery pack) i am in need of controllers too for my big motors that will handle 35hp and those are not cheap... for 48volt controllers you can either get the 48v/50amp from tncscooters or try the kelly controllers.. you really don't want to go too big on controllers unless you have a heavy duty motor( like i do ;)) i'll keep you updated on the motor...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.