Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Im new to pocket bikes I aquired 2 so far Ive got one of them Which I believe to be a mx3 up and running nice but can only start with back wheel off floor as soon as it starts the wheel is turning without giving it gas is there somethign I can adjust to let it idle without the wheel turning? I was under the impression that the bike would idle without moving this one seems to have to start and jump on n go if you stop the wheel cant turn and it stalls out any help would be great

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I dont even know where the clutch is I cleaned out the fuel lines carb and I replaced the plug and it started right up If anyone has a jpeg of the clutch assembly that would be helpfull or a good walkthrough ill look online for some more info on pocket bike clutches thanks

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
If your idle is high you have a airleak causing the clutch to engage. If thats not the case you have a a broken clutch spring or something is wedged inbetween the clutch pad and clutch drum. Your clutch is located behind your front pinon. Loosen your back wheel and chain take the chain off the front pinon and then remove the 4 bolts holding the clutch housing on your clutch is right behind it take a peek in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup that was the ticket there was a nut in the clutch just bouncing around didnt come out of there as all the parts are there and this fixed the problem thanks a bunch easy fix woo hoo :D

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yup that was the ticket there was a nut in the clutch just bouncing around didnt come out of there as all the parts are there and this fixed the problem thanks a bunch easy fix woo hoo :D
Everything is easier here on PocketBikePlanet.com :p:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts