Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody successfully make the mx350 taller? I'd prefer to upgrade the wheel/tire sizes, but i guess a "seat lift" would work as well. Can you just throw mx500 wheel assemblys on the 350 and switch the sprockets?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very good question, I have not tried that. The only problem might be the rear wheel, it might be too big and hit some of the framework. If you have them laying around try it out and let us know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you do it will change your final ratio, might have re-gear a little. You can get a 150cc scooter shock extender which mounts under the shock and it will raise the seat up to 4". I put one on my 110cc 4 stroke dirt bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No suspension on the mx350. I ordered 10" wheels and tires. Looks like its gonna be close. If it doesnt work i'll just admit the little one has outgrown the 350 and get an sx500. Her mx350 does about 22mph and has a TON of torque. Its running 48v with an 800 watt motor.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You're right, I actually had one. Totally forgot about that. It was a roller and never finished it. Just ended up selling it about 5yrs ago. Mag wheels too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You're right, I actually had one. Totally forgot about that. It was a roller and never finished it. Just ended up selling it about 5yrs ago. Mag wheels too.
Yeah the early MX350s are NICE. Undoubtable heavier and much more $$ to produce but a really sweet machine my son has been enjoying for the last 2 years.
He's almost ready for the MX500, it's a big jump in weight though. Debating a 36V lithium battery to shave off about 15lbs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
On these small bikes every oz removed is important. Losing 14lbs would make a big difference in performance. Like taking 500 lbs of concrete out of the trunk a car and running the 1/4 mile again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts