Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
I want to thank everyone that's posted their mods and links on this thread.... I've been looking for an answer to better forks for a long time and I plan on doing this to mine ASAP. I'll post updates and pics when I can but for now... I'm off to the parts store for springs and longer bolts and hopefully I can find some spacers as well. Thanks again everyone.... You guys saved me a lot of money隆! 馃榿
Update 1: Couldn't find springs at the little Ace Hardware in my small town or anywhere else for that matter so I might be shopping online for the springs and bolts.... Any idea who would have them or can Ace ship from store to store so I can get those specific parts驴? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.... 馃榿

Registered
I bought a cheap set of downhill forks on eBay that had a 15mm axle. Then I bought 2 cheap new wheel bearings that fit the stock hub. Only work I had to do was drill and tap the hub disc mount so I could bolt on a amazon special 20 buck disc brake kit. I did spend a little more on the handlebars because I liked the look but all in I'm about 200 without handlebar for a new fork setup.

Attachments

Registered
I bought a cheap set of downhill forks on eBay that had a 15mm axle. Then I bought 2 cheap new wheel bearings that fit the stock hub. Only work I had to do was drill and tap the hub disc mount so I could bolt on a amazon special 20 buck disc brake kit. I did spend a little more on the handlebars because I liked the look but all in I'm about 200 without handlebar for a new fork setup.
I wanted to get a triple crown fork too but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it.... I still have some upgrades I need to do first before I can buy stuff like this, but I love the look and I might be copying the idea for later mods. Looks great man... Keep posting pics and updates隆!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts