Pocketbike Forum banner

2021 - 2029 of 2029 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
hey I am converting my MX 500 like your and I put the 9 inch shock on but didn’t lift the bike as much as yours! How did you get yours to be that high?
I hate to bust your bubble, but needspeedjoe hasn't had a post in 2 years. I hope he answers for you but he probably won't. How high are you looking to get the bike? I run the stock shock and I'm 185 lb. I like it, not everybody does I understand that. Let us know a little more information , maybe we can help you. I've had Buddies who put 9 10 11 and 12 inch shocks on them, they rode very back and high. They just didn't ride as well. Are you bottoming out, and that is why you're looking for something taller?

·
Registered
16 Posts
MX650 Rear Tire Change and Fresh Look! Tips for replacing the Razor MX650 or MX500 rear tire, which is a royal pain. I'm also painting the back rim and adding some spoke protectors for a fresh look.

·
Registered
326 Posts
MX650 Rear Tire Change and Fresh Look! Tips for replacing the Razor MX650 or MX500 rear tire, which is a royal pain. I'm also painting the back rim and adding some spoke protectors for a fresh look.

The front one is easy for sure, 10-15 minutes at the most. That rear one took me about an hour including removal and install. I contemplated swapping out my whole rear wheel next time but they are pretty pricey, I might just go for the hour and swearing again. Ha

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm so happy that I found these forums, before this, I was asking anyone and everyone about mx650 mods but still bit the bullet and bought one.... 48v 2000w and definitely in the 30mph club. Now I'm moding the forks like in the other forum w/ upgraded springs and spacers for more ride height, then the lights and brake lights are next along w/ turn signals and everything else but I'm pretty sure I'm addicted because now I'm jumping from 48v 2000w to 60v 3000w w/ the 3 speed controller and switches.... Probably be adding an anti theft alarm and separate electric system for the lights and stuff so I can charge my phone and camera gear while riding around and towing my son in his bike trailer. I can put up some pics but I'm still in the process of getting some stuff welded and repaired and I don't like the green color on the frame.... Most likely over winter I'll be repainting it w/ a red on black w/ white theme because it matches my BMX bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been coming here for a few things since I'm building 2 MX for my kids. Ones complete the other almost is. Blue one is just a hopped up 36v and a different controller. Paint and plastic batteries and bars/grips and shock.

The other is 48v 15ah 1800w brushless. With custom downhill forks and 160mm front and rear disc with MTB calipers. Rear shock, and other stuff. Still waiting on direct mount 31.8 bar mount and handlebars and it'll be finally finished!
Thanks took a few ideas from a couple people here and on YouTube.
IMG_20200621_211735.jpg
IMG_20200621_211747.jpg
IMG_20200621_211753.jpg
IMG_20200613_202150.jpg

2021 - 2029 of 2029 Posts