Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an X 22 off Craigslist for 50 bucks. Its in okay condition. I plan on bringing it back to life and yes I know everybody on here hates this bike. I think it could be a pretty good bike with some proper mods. It has 17 front and 32 rear sprockets, is that what I should be running on this auto bike.
I found a web site that sales most all the parts still for this bike, I know wow. So I picked up the complete plastic kit, head lights, foot pegs, complete rear tire and rim, gauges, all the controls, chain, pretty much everthing new for the bike but the front tire and rim, and of course motor and carb. All that stuff came to 141$ not bad. Then I bought a new stator, coil, intake, kiehin 22mm carb, air filter, all the gaskets for 88$. So far Im into it for 280. Just bought some paint and bolts for the frame and i'm at 320 for it all. Not bad I guess. So people say the fork rate is like straight up and down, for some reason mine is not it looks to be just right? Will keep you posted on the build with picks and stories. Please give me your comments and what I should do next to the bike and what needs to be done to get it right. Thanks....pics will follow as I get stuff done.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is some pics after a complete tear down, neck bearings yea right, replaced them. shimed up the motor, swing arm, shock, new neck bearings and caps hardware 10 bucks, 330$ now. lock tighted all the bolts so far. Painted the frame, peg mounts, swing arm. lookin pretty good all ready with some paint on her.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what needs to be done on this motor, any help will do. Anything need to be done to the 22mm kiehin? I also have a new 25 mm kiehin that might find its way on to this bike. Any and all input will be great as I sit here for the next week waiting on parts. Thanks peeps.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
yeah thats a steep rake on her for sure.... You've got her lookin better already. I'd becarful on building up the semi auto to much.The ruff shifting will take its toll on the rear rim sprocket hub.It rips out the bolts and breaks the hub where the bolts go. Theres not enough metal to support the torque. I really like those rims too but if you can get your hands on some x18/x15 rims. Also those blades break under heavy stress.Though both times i've seen them break was during a race.Plus the bikes had bigger more powerful motors. I suspect the breaking was from the rim flexing under the pressure/torqueing from some of the highspeed turns.
I hate to sound all doom and gloom. I don't know what kind of riding you will be doing with this bike.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the rake looks steep to me too, i usta frame and i got a square so im gonna see if i can get a number of degrees my 15 is
the 22 is a fine bike as long as your not racing it and you live in GA lol
i like the rims too but they scare me to death, i seen them break
if your gonna keep the auto motor then get a good battery from a local store and a battery tender

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
will the 22 plastics fit on a 19/15 or is there mods to fit them anyone know?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the imput. Not going to race it, just building it up to look really cool. More of a riding around bike with the kids. Have not rode it yet so cant say anything about the rake. I'm hoping it's not that bad? But I guess will find out soon. 17 ..32 sprockets is that what I should be running.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya got a good battery, sure power 12v 4 amp. Have cranked her around alot trying to get her started, just to find out the stator is bad. But the battery held up with out dying. I love the rims hope I dont have problems with them. Is the 22mm kiehin carb okay for that motor? I also have a 25mm kiehin.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dose anybody now the float measurements for a kiehin 22mm or kiehin 25mm thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well parts came in today, Carb, coil, stator, other mis. Cranked the motor over and wow she started right up. Sounds good to no noise from the motor the pipes sounds good. She revs up really quick to compaired to my other 110 motors. So this is turning out to be the best 50 bucks spend on these dam pocket bikes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The motor itself it well worth over 50 bucks ;)

good find! Post some pics with the new plastics on it too!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do just got the motor parts, thursday the plastics will be here. The bike is just about all new, minus the front rim, tire, motor and frame for a total price of 320. The dual pipes sound good nice rumble to them. It sounds like it has a performance cam in it. Not sure what the person before me did to it. But sure revs up quickly. Don't have the performance C D I on yet and it sounds like it hits way above the stock RPM range. Will be tryin the 25mm kiehin and the Performance CDI, and coil real soon. Once my parts come tomarrow I will be abile to ride it as the new rim tire will come also.
And will post pics of each thing new that goes on her.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And I think the proper float adjustment is 12 to 14 mm. I set it at 13mm and runs good with the clip on the 4th setting.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the stock cdi isnt limited like the sellers would like you to think
id stay with the 22mm on the 110

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
should I change to a different size sprocket front and rear, they are 17 and 32 now????

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well have all the parts, and the plastics now. All the wiring and the motor is done. Sounds really good. Started working on the plastics, fit and finish will take a while, But have the left side done and it looks really good, I think the X 22 is the nicest looking bike by far, really close to lookin like a real bike. Will be putting up pics soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My poor X1 I put so much time in to looks lonely LOL It just dosen't look that big any more compaired to the X22. Pictured left in my avitar pic.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
id leave the sprockets on the auto alone till you start making more power
you still got a nice x1

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
My poor X1 I put so much time in to looks lonely LOL It just dosen't look that big any more compaired to the X22. Pictured left in my avitar pic.
Didnt seem much too different to me between the two heightwise.....Just the weight difference...My X22 topped out at 51 but didnt handle any better than my X1 or X2....LOL

1 - 20 of 115 Posts