Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys figured since my bike is near complete i'd figure i would share it with you all since i never really had a work log for anyone to follow.

As you can first see yes i NEED a bike stand. lol i normally use a bucket as a stand but with my plastics freshly painted (no more ugly stock blue black and white YAY!) I put it all on so see how it looks, otherwise only the seat in mounted on while my other body panels stay safe. The paint scheme i did was off a 2009-2010 Yamaha R1 (stickers coming soon) I'd like to get a new throttle grip one day... tore it off attempting a power wheelie (think you can all guess what happened next)

Another angle of the bike. Still running a stock exhaust while i have to to properly mod it, but if you saw my original stock pipe, this one is a major improvement. My rear break cable got messed up so im in the process of getting a new one, and i have some decent foot pegs but im debating on how i want to hook them up. Pull start is plastic but i plan on getting a metal one.

Top down view.. The rear seat holes dont line up, haha thanks china! Normally there is a gas tank but how can i get my new pretty plastics messy! I tired getting the rear "pretend seat" painted to look more like how it is on the R1 but it looked funny.

The other side with yes... more silly cosmetic defects (but giving me more tinker time) Not sure what happened to the kick stand but the spring busted off so for now till i can grind it off bungee cord holds it in place lol. Oh i know im missing a front fender but i got one on the way! Sooner than later im gonna paint the rims black and get some red trim on them form PBU along with my Yami sticker kit!

Well hope you guys like the look. i think i did pretty good for spray cans, i have a paint gun but currently the garage is packed so a tarp tent and my spray cans had to do for now. For now all you get to stare at is my outer bike. once i put my plastics away and work on the final things on my engine ill show that puppy off and list what mods/upgrades i have. Hopefully this will become the air cooled cag race bike i always wanted

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Looking good Ruffles............I cant wait to see what the rest comes out like....Keep up the good work..

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Great work on the bike so far, Ruffles .. I like the black and red paint scheme.

What size is that rear sprocket, a 74? 76? You should be able to do good wheelies with that ...

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I counted its a 72 my neighborhood is all semi uphill or downhill so I gotta gear low to get anywhere but once I fix my chain I'll let you know how she rides

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Nice Ride, Summers here, lets Ride!

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is another update on what i got going on with my bike, was able to get my chain on and got a new brake cable on and man does she have some get up and go!

The best site ever....

Here are some shots of the engine for kicks and giggles. everyone always like to see what other peoples engines look like

Don't hate the zip ties lol

Yes the wire is ugly but i couldn't find a single plug wire without having to buy a pack of them so i found this racing wire in my garage

one side of the engine

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the other side of the engine

I attempted to make the ugly chain guard not so ugly

Here is a list of everything i have done to my engine

- hp airfilter with v-stack
- port polished carb with tapered needle and currently running a 66 jet
- triple stage reeds
- bell housing with 3rd bearing support
- stock cluth with hp springs
- 6 tooth pinion
- 72 tooth aluminum sprocket
- lightened flywheel
- rocket key (advanced)
- coil gap is approx .20
- coil wire mod
- full circular crank
- boosted306's bbk with port matched piston
- squish is .6
- compression is around 120ish

only thing needed is a boost bottle and a new exhaust. i'd like to broaden my powerband so i might get a jetpro pipe. i can do the stock pipe mod but before i do i need to learn how to weld better, darn metal is just to paper thin

one day ill tear this engine down and really fine tune it, like porting the crankcase to match the head kit, getting my squish to .4, getting a 4 petal reed cage, maybe get a 2 piece head kit and get work done on it, and a better carb. until then for riding it around the neighborhood she'll do just fine.

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up this bike from some kid last week for 25 bucks, the engine is a mess so im gonna make this my 47cc high rev bike, in the mean time i bought a 49cc complete engine from ebay for 60 bucks free shipping.

Here is a pic of the bike.. anyone like these kind of frames? the pipe is alot bigger than the kind on my race bike and the welds seem to be done more neatly.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I picked up this bike from some kid last week for 25 bucks, the engine is a mess so im gonna make this my 47cc high rev bike, in the mean time i bought a 49cc complete engine from ebay for 60 bucks free shipping.

Here is a pic of the bike.. anyone like these kind of frames? the pipe is alot bigger than the kind on my race bike and the welds seem to be done more neatly.

Nice pick up...............I have the same bike with same frame I got tuesday...............I also got one with the same frame last sunday..............Good luck with yours......

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, i've hit a bit of a tuning snag.... it seems that i cannot get a perfect mix of air to fuel. i tried running a 66, 68 and a 70 and all give me either to much fuel or not enough. with each jet i have moved the needle to every notch with the results being on the rich side so i move it up one notch then it starts running to lean :confused: i still have to try the 72 jet but i have a feeling the results will be the same, when i get it swapped out and play around with the needle setting ill let you know how it goes. in the mean time im considering getting a walbro carb cause i hear adjusting it is a breeze compared to the stock carb. here is the hp carb im looking to get

Carburetor Kit 1 - HP with Saucer Air Filter

let me know what you guys think.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
After you run it a little bit, try to pull the plug really quick (be careful it's probably HOT)
and check to see if it's wet at all, I'm running a .68 in the SHA carburetor on my C1 but it's 40cc not 50,
What was the stock size for the carb you are using?

You could also pull the air filter to add extra "Air" for a quick test just to make sure the air filter is not too restrictive.

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have... the plug is either a dark color and runs boggy or its silver, runs real crisp and quick but we all know what happens soon after. Im aiming for a nice gold color, from what I have read that's the magic color to get. I believe stock jet size is a 64 if I remember right. With each adjustment its either on the boggy side or the lean side. My bike likes giving me silly issues to fight with

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Christmas came early this year! my 60 dollar engine :D

Now when my other bike decides to be fussy i can work on this little guy and make it into a beast.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You got it, now theres no hurry, you can take your time and build it right, and if you need help, there are a bunch of us here. I have tons of new parts in boxes, have 8 bikes total.

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man. i think the biggest part for this engine will be deciding what head kit to get. there are a lot out there and all have some different ways on porting, maybe i can see if someone here can offer me their services :D that and what carb to get. i like the modded stock one. maybe a dell rep would be good but im also looking at that walbro kit.. hmmm the choices the choices. other than that i cant wait to do some modding! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
hkmotos has a 49cc Yellow Jacket PBU 5 port kit w/ 10mm full circle crank and 3 pc Billet Alum Head, for $79.90 & a 7 tooth 3rd bearing housing for $19, that would go along way on your new engine. You can taper bore the stock carb, pretty easy.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Dude, for the headkit, go to Sam (Boosted306). His kits are the best, bar none.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts