Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, was having some fun with the welder the other night and decided to come up with a different approach to running my exhaust.. Really not sure how I feel about it so far. What I dont like is how the end of the muffler sticks so far past the seat. The good thing though is it doesnt heat up my seat anymore, doesnt heat soak my carb and I am able to run my air filter (which of course is a good thing.) well.. tell me what you guys think..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Nice, I Like it, it has the same lines a the bike, you could cut a small V in the top of the pipe before the muffler and lift the muffler up alittle and reweld it, and paint a black ring. I did that cause it was pointed to low.
I have 2 of those exhaust, good $39 exhaust. You gave me an idea for my 2 engine Cag drag bike, I could do like you did and run them both up the side of the bike. Just got my Oxy/Acyl tanks filled.
I put a side pipe on my X18, from an X12 that I got new at PB Parts for $69 & free shipping on a $100 order.
Oh, if the bike comes over far enough to hit your exhaust it won't matter anyway, I have to watch the tip off my Jet Pro on my scooter, it sticks wayout too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I Like it, it has the same lines a the bike, you could cut a small V in the top of the pipe before the muffler and lift the muffler up alittle and reweld it, and paint a black ring. I did that cause it was pointed to low.
I have 2 of those exhaust, good $39 exhaust. You gave me an idea for my 2 engine Cag drag bike, I could do like you did and run them both up the side of the bike. Just got my Oxy/Acyl tanks filled.
I put a side pipe on my X18, from an X12 that I got new at PB Parts for $69 & free shipping on a $100 order.
Oh, if the bike comes over far enough to hit your exhaust it won't matter anyway, I have to watch the tip off my Jet Pro on my scooter, it sticks wayout too.
Nice! well I hope I was able to inspire you in some way. I got the pipe when Dave's was having his orphan sale for $11 but it didnt fit to well so this was the result..

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Looks good, nice mod.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I knew there was something "Special" about you! That pipe is FREAKING sweet, I bet Your bike goes like stink!

What if you added a U shaped piece, to "Wrap" the muffler back around and maybe down a little.

Great job! :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew there was something "Special" about you! That pipe is FREAKING sweet, I bet Your bike goes like stink!

What if you added a U shaped piece, to "Wrap" the muffler back around and maybe down a little.

Great job! :):thumbsup:
haha.. thanks nick and yeah I dont think I'm quite done with it just yet. When its all done I'm thinkin of grinding all the welds down and high temp painting the pipe up to the finished part so we'll see... to be continued as it would be..

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Since you like the "Side Pipes" Check out the pictures I'll attach of this sweet "Original" GRC Laser, it was from a long time ago, but they are STILL out there!

Again, GOOd job!

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Here is my X18 w/ a X12, $69 side pipe & the body work off. The X18 pipe was $169+, so I got the X12, but with gas torches, might re-route it.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
no one has asked the obvious question... how does the thang work? Gotta think a header that long is going to have a major effect, no?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no one has asked the obvious question... how does the thang work? Gotta think a header that long is going to have a major effect, no?
really its no longer then it was than when it ran under the seat. All I added was two 90 degree bends to bring it out beside the frame and out pretty much the same location as it did when it was over the tire..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
On Sam's 3rd Stage eng in my $1,000 A2 Cag, am running a straight pipe, no chamber, and a Big Baffle Muffler at the end which I modded alittle for better flow and it kicks azz wide open.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Headers are important, but something I sort of put faith in, when dealing with 2-strokes, as long as the header is "Close enough" A good Expansion Chamber will result in a GOOD pipe! Almost nothing is perfect!

I would bet, compared ( A / B ) with the Stock type pipe, it's a NiCE gain!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
On my modded stock pipe w/ the 3" x 5 1/2" Chamber I cut 4"" off the head pipe, and it is still 11" long, 7 or 8" is better for top speed. Putting that exh on the Blue Demon engine today.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Looks good but also looks like it might heat up the right cheek a bit unless thats where you carry your wallet.............Have you been riding it?

Got any plans on making a vid so we can get an idea on how it sounds and performs with that bbk you bought and installed......?

Cool GRC Laser pic NaSa...The exhaust on that one reminds me of the exhaust from my YSR50.................

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good but also looks like it might heat up the right cheek a bit unless thats where you carry your wallet.............Have you been riding it?

Got any plans on making a vid so we can get an idea on how it sounds and performs with that bbk you bought and installed......?

Cool GRC Laser pic NaSa...The exhaust on that one reminds me of the exhaust from my YSR50.................
Wallet... whats a wallet.. Oh wait... Isnt that what my wife took on our wedding day! haha nah im kidding she dont mind my pocket bike "addiction".. but no the exhasut does not interfere at all with my riding actually I dont even notice it there. The BBK is awesome, I love the way it revs, so fast and tight sounding. Just need to figure out how to extract a little more bottom and mid out of it and until fully warmed up cant full throttle it have to half throttle it..but other than that it runs great

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Very nice work, but his looks a little bit low ... might want to be careful leaning over on that side.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts