Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Blata 2.5 along with a Elite 11 in my first ever European Minimoto purchase. With the help from some forum members I was quickly able learn a few things about the bikes. This 2.5 is a tired and needs lots of TLC.
The motor turns over freely and feels like it has good compression but I have not tested yet. A lot is missing from the ignition side of the motor and a few other things like the rear brake for instance. I looked at the motor from the intake & exhaust ports and it didn't look bad. The clutch springs were rusty and the clutch looked oxidized a bit.

- It currently has a Dellorto 14/12 carb. I'm not going to use the 14/14L on my Elite 11. Will the 14/14 work on this bike and what jetting would you recommend?

- I bought a Polini clutch for my elite 11 will that work on this?

-

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
733 Posts
Most of the 47cc and 49cc CAG parts will fit. Clutch, cylinder head if you so choose, Etc. I haven't personally tried I just remember reading a bunch of that stuff. I think I remember the ignition coil is different. But should be available on eBay as I believe a pull start and flywheel. I think you have to look up the Robin nb411 which is what it actually is not a real Blata engine. You can also install any one of the 40 mm or 44 mm cag Motors.

·
Super Moderator
3,080 Posts
Most of the 47cc and 49cc CAG parts will fit. Clutch, cylinder head if you so choose, Etc. I haven't personally tried I just remember reading a bunch of that stuff. I think I remember the ignition coil is different. But should be available on eBay as I believe a pull start and flywheel. I think you have to look up the Robin nb411 which is what it actually is not a real Blata engine. You can also install any one of the 40 mm or 44 mm cag Motors.
Lol I just told him the same thing on his other thread

The flywheel and coil are specific to that engine almost all the other parts from a CAG will work since the CAG is the knockoff I think it has the 40mm piston he would need to pull the jug and Mike the rings see if the 40 mm CAG rings will work.

Since the 2.5 is not a true race bike he can just put a CAG engine on there for now the 49cc china engine will have more power.

The 2.5 is a beginning of area bike and is now highly collectible and should be restored with original parts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yeah I would love to have a Blata. Everything Euro in the u.s. is hard to come by.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Carb would work, clutch not.
Give him a 73 jet and try it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a place in Germany that has all kinds of Blata parts and they ship out quick. Yes the coil is different and it's on the opposite side of the China motor

Lol I just told him the same thing on his other thread

The flywheel and coil are specific to that engine almost all the other parts from a CAG will work since the CAG is the knockoff I think it has the 40mm piston he would need to pull the jug and Mike the rings see if the 40 mm CAG rings will work.

Since the 2.5 is not a true race bike he can just put a CAG engine on there for now the 49cc china engine will have more power.

The 2.5 is a beginning of area bike and is now highly collectible and should be restored with original parts
That was my plan to restore this 2.5, ride the elite 11 and my cag.
It's a shame what they did to this bike. They spray bombed the whole frame, brake caliper, forks, triple tree, cables, the hardware everything it's sad. The fairings are cracked up by the wind screen and will need some bodywork before being repainted.
As mentioned in the other thread. It's need a lot of parts such as rotors, brakes, controls, cables, carb, grips almost everything lol. I will be buying original parts for this and any left over goodies will be donated to the cags.

Carb would work, clutch not.
Give him a 73 jet and try it.
Ok thank you I will get a 73 jet for the 14/14 and see what happens :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
I found a place in Germany that has all kinds of Blata parts and they ship out quick. Yes the coil is different and it's on the opposite side of the China motor

That was my plan to restore this 2.5, ride the elite 11 and my cag.
It's a shame what they did to this bike. They spray bombed the whole frame, brake caliper, forks, triple tree, cables, the hardware everything it's sad. The fairings are cracked up by the wind screen and will need some bodywork before being repainted.
As mentioned in the other thread. It's need a lot of parts such as rotors, brakes, controls, cables, carb, grips almost everything lol. I will be buying original parts for this and any left over goodies will be donated to the cags.

Ok thank you I will get a 73 jet for the 14/14 and see what happens :)
What is the website for future use if anyone else needs oem parts for the Blata 2.5???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes please post what the website was, I’d like to check it out, my buddy has a blata 2.5. He would love to have some spare parts

·
Banned
380 Posts
I would try my best for OEM parts if you can find them, if your cyld is good you can clean it up and get a new piston and rings and stuff. Does it have a 36, 39, 40 or 44mm bore?? I would take it out of the bike and disassemble it, and check everything. With the cyld off check it for size ID. I can mic a 40 and 44mm new Cag piston to see if you can use it or not

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that was the site that I used Goped, I ordered a lot parts to restore this bike. New brakes, wheel bearings, cables, controls, gaskets, engine seals, piston rings, clutch, flywheel etc.

The bike came with this Selttra Coil which is the correct one. It had these spacers behind it and the coil will not sit flush without them. I was trying to install the new fly wheel and the coil does not seem to line up with the magnet. I'm 99% positive this it the correct flywheel too everything else I ordered was right.
The clutch nut has a washer under it and its flush as is, nor did I see a spacer on the engine schematic diagram. This can't be the correct install??? What do I need to do here, please help I don't think this is going to work.

I cleaned and installed the rebuild kit on the Dellorto SHA 14/12 w/ a 52 jet that it came with. That jet seems awfully small... I don't plan to ride this bike much if at all just restore it then park it pretty much. Chrisi mentioned a SHA 14/14 that I have and a 73 jet will work so I may try that. Thoughts??

The clutch side was bit grimy so the seal is probably bad. I cleaned it up and I have the new seal I'm just hoping I can get away with replacing the seal and I don't have to split the cases. The ignition side and frame around the motor was dry.

Trying to keep momentum I began cleaning up the rims and repacked the exhaust. The old 60t sprocket was bent, the rotor was rusted badly and the bearings were frozen. So new, new, new lol. Surprisingly the rear tire held air so that's a plus there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,080 Posts
Something about that flywheel just doesn't seem right I don't believe that the magnet should protrude behind the crankcase lip like that but don't worry the real Euro bike guys are here and they will be able to help you.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It don't looks correctly, is there a spacer behind the coil or is it the crankcase?
Just ask at goped scooter tuning for exploded plan he might have it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did and it's the same scenario. I'm going to try the washers. I hope that works.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts