Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
564 Posts
Nice place for decals. I just bought cheap and randomly on ebay. Spent Maybe 15 to $20 for about three different decals for one of my pocket bikes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I put the SHA 14/14 on with the 73 jet and I think it was too much fuel. I have a 60-78 kit on the way but right now 59 was the next size down I had.
It hits great off the line but stutters once you get to the mid-range, if you ease off the throttle and wait it'll catch up with itself and rev out. I'm running the plastic air box.

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Now you have run into the problem with those carbs your going to need the slide kit as well to be able to tune it properly you can get it directly from the carburetor manufacturer off their website...

It controls the low speed adjustment this is how you tune the throttle curve on those carburetors.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
So, your running a .59mm now, that's way to small, nice and lean on the takeoff. For $10 buy a gauge drill set, with drill vise to hold them, there very small, .013" to .080", great for all bikes under 110cc, I have two more sets up to .125". Each size only varies around .003" up, so reg drills are no good. Get a pack of welder tip files to take small amount up. Widget Supply in Oregon for the drills. Happy Trails.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The cooler it is need a bigger jet, hotter you go smaller, its sound weird but cold air is more dense so you need more gas.

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
I personally would just save my money and go buy a pumper carburetor with a high-speed needle and low speed needle adjustment. I have a special place for those slide carburetors and there is a guy in a big green truck that comes and picks it up every Thursday morning.

·
Registered
378 Posts
He is right the 14/14 clone carbs are junk,lol, and they sell them as hp or racing carbs, lol. Don't believe everything you read on ads, their like used car salesmen. PBparts you can get an alum 16mm Cag manifold for $18 or so. If you look at a chainsaw online shop like hlsupply .com, if you know what you need you can get a 16mm for 12 to $14. Got a 21/20mm from them $14 only had to bore the intake manifold from 16 to 20mm. Then I go to davesmotors .com for V stacks $9.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Now you have run into the problem with those carbs your going to need the slide kit as well to be able to tune it properly you can get it directly from the carburetor manufacturer off their website...

It controls the low speed adjustment this is how you tune the throttle curve on those carburetors.

View attachment 160202
Do you have a link to slide kit?

I personally would just save my money and go buy a pumper carburetor with a high-speed needle and low speed needle adjustment. I have a special place for those slide carburetors and there is a guy in a big green truck that comes and picks it up every Thursday morning.
He is right the 14/14 clone carbs are junk,lol, and they sell them as hp or racing carbs, lol. Don't believe everything you read on ads, their like used car salesmen. PBparts you can get an alum 16mm Cag manifold for $18 or so. If you look at a chainsaw online shop like hlsupply .com, if you know what you need you can get a 16mm for 12 to $14. Got a 21/20mm from them $14 only had to bore the intake manifold from 16 to 20mm. Then I go to davesmotors .com for V stacks $9.
This is a genuine Dellorto off my elite 11 not a clone, I know those are junk. I am restoring this bike and want it to be original not going to ride it much.

So, your running a .59mm now, that's way to small, nice and lean on the takeoff. For $10 buy a gauge drill set, with drill vise to hold them, there very small, .013" to .080", great for all bikes under 110cc, I have two more sets up to .125". Each size only varies around .003" up, so reg drills are no good. Get a pack of welder tip files to take small amount up. Widget Supply in Oregon for the drills. Happy Trails.
I have that 60-78 jet kit on the way i'll just use that thank you though

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Right on it's genuine that means that it's actually okay... !!! 😃

I never give this link because the slides tend to not fit in the knockoffs one of the many reasons why I hate the knockoff it's not tunable.... Again I will repeat myself for the people on here that have trouble reading the knockoff is not tunable in the low speed area so it works for speed runs onley where you don't care about low end take off speed or out of turn punch!!! The ones they sell as a race carburetors on eBay are a sure joke and a half for sure and we'll see better performance out of the stock carburetor tuned properly with the petcock delete mod at nobody wants to give the stock CAG carburetor a chance all that people need to do is just take the carburetor apart even with a fingernail file you can clean up the casting abit and make it flow a lot better what do we say at the track stock on the outside fast on the inside 🤣

Oh yea the link you requested

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Right on it's genuine that means that it's actually okay... !!! 😃

I never give this link because the slides tend to not fit in the knockoffs one of the many reasons why I hate the knockoff it's not tunable.... Again I will repeat myself for the people on here that have trouble reading the knockoff is not tunable in the low speed area so it works for speed runs onley where you don't care about low end take off speed or out of turn punch!!! The ones they sell as a race carburetors on eBay are a sure joke and a half for sure and we'll see better performance out of the stock carburetor tuned properly with the petcock delete mod at nobody wants to give the stock CAG carburetor a chance all that people need to do is just take the carburetor apart even with a fingernail file you can clean up the casting abit and make it flow a lot better what do we say at the track stock on the outside fast on the inside 🤣

Oh yea the link you requested

Thank you so much. I've been on a couple parts websites and this is one of the things you don't see too much of. I had the #12 slide in another Dellorto carb so I put that in and there mid-range stumble is gone. Been on another project so I haven't switched jets yet but that 60-78 jet kit did come in.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts