Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today i offically start my tear down/rebuild of this brand new stock c2 from tsunamibikes. taking it all apart currently and plan on buying most of the parts new over the winter and having hopefully a race ready bike by april 2012. New parts i currently have 3 viton orings, ngk B9EGV spark plug and buying the blata wrist pin bearing this week.

Please if you have any info you want to give me let me know i could use your experience and knowledge.

will be posting the New performance parts i plan on buying soon, could use tips and advice on those.

Thanks inadvance....... JP

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
(first) Awesome SS dude!!!!

Now onto the bike! That is awesome, I wish I had more $$$ I would go find Hugh and BEG him to let me "pick one up" in person!

Can't wait to see this thread get super popular, I can not recall seeing a really awesome thread showing a tear down of the C2, I will be watching FOR SURE!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks nick, its my dads weekend car lol.

snapped a few pics of it without the body on, showing some clearance issues with the exhaust pipe and the fuel line and fuel filter, should i upgrade the filter to glass or metal? no time tonight to start anything serious sorry guys gf wants to go out lol.

NEXT WEEKS PURCHASE.....ANYTHING MISSING? LET ME KNOW
330.008.00 . Wrist pin
960.108.00 . Wrist pin needle bearing
970.006.00 . Water pump seal
972.050.00 . Belt - Water pump
970.005.00 . Seal - Crankshaft
zocchi gasket set

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Nice Ride, Wish my C1 had that frame. There is an old thread I read when I first got my C1, think it is, Tuning a Chinese B1, 24 pages & photos of mods for everything on the engine.​

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
how did You liked the bike's quality?, frame?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did You liked the bike's quality?, frame?

Thanks
Bikes quality is pretty good esp comparing it to a cag rep I bought it for 120 new. Frame seems to be really solid looks good too, by next week I should have the whole bike apart,

Not sure if I should start building the bike from ground up like a car or build the motor n clutch first

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Bikes quality is pretty good esp comparing it to a cag rep I bought it for 120 new. Frame seems to be really solid looks good too, by next week I should have the whole bike apart,

Not sure if I should start building the bike from ground up like a car or build the motor n clutch first
Thanks for the comments. You should re-built the complete bike from the ground, change every single bolt for some stainless steel bolts, replace all the hoses for good quality American made hoses and any other item that looks low quality, the work on your engine.

Regards,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yah i know seems like its going to be a fun learing experience for me lol once i have the bike apart ill start building from ground up, and will be taking suggestions on what parts to get first

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am watching this closely as I just got the same bike and it has issues. Especially interested in seeing how you lower the exhaust with what little space is available. I melted the gas tank already and have been looking at many ways to move the pipe. I do believe I am looking at a tear down and rebuild already as well.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
My first secret, take pictures, and use zip-lock bags to group the parts together, I work on some other engines, (gas and diesel) and I always try to take the time to organize like crazy the first few times, now On C1's I could take a bucket of all the parts and build a bike, but, that is because I've had mine apart so many times!

Even before any parts are bought, I would look into re-routing that fuel line / filter, would it be possible to slide it far left or far right, even if you need a longer fuel hose (auto parts store) and maybe use a zip tie or two to secure it, we want to make sure and keep it away from that exhaust.

I'll try to snap some shots for you of how we have ours routed on the C1's...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If your running to lean that will make it run hot, for one cause your whole engine is lubed thru the oil in the gas. Not enough oil, major problems. Is your engine 39 or 46ccs??

·
PBP OLD SCHOOL MEMBER
1,114 Posts
972.050.00 . Belt - Water pump
Don't bother buying this, it won't work with your stock water pump pulley. The Blata version is cogged and the knock offs use a O ring.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Don't bother buying this, it won't work with your stock water pump pulley. The Blata version is cogged and the knock offs use a O ring.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Big HUGE +1 to this, NosMan is totally right! Sorry I missed that... :( :thumbsup:

pool supply stores or auto parts stores should be able to hook you up with some O-rings that will be higher quality than the stock part...

Sometimes even Lowes or HomeDepot has them...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks man for saving my a** lol , should i just remove the oring and take it to a place and see if they have a match hoping its better quality and or replace the whole water pump system with a true blata?

on another note had an hour free time today so i took the rad and brakes off the bike, i think its a bad sign but the fluid had a redish colour with what looked to be metal flakes and alot of dirt, esp when i pullled the hose from the bottom end of the motor...here are the pics

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Dang, I really wish the importers would demand a slightly higher quality product for us, but, that would have to drive up the cost for us too...

You can use the garden hose to flush the radiator and engine, at really low pressure, and then do a final flush / fill using distilled water + water wetter, or engine ice, or coolant (but coolant may not be allowed on certain tracks, but I've never found a parking lot that restricts the use of coolant! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang, I really wish the importers would demand a slightly higher quality product for us, but, that would have to drive up the cost for us too...

You can use the garden hose to flush the radiator and engine, at really low pressure, and then do a final flush / fill using distilled water + water wetter, or engine ice, or coolant (but coolant may not be allowed on certain tracks, but I've never found a parking lot that restricts the use of coolant! :)
yah lol kind of got scared when i saw all that sh** poor out.... the coolant bottle has alot of dryed up red stuff, looks like rust not sure though, im thinking of buying a real blata bottle to replace it. what coolant do you recommend? would auto coolant work?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
yah lol kind of got scared when i saw all that sh** poor out.... the coolant bottle has alot of dryed up red stuff, looks like rust not sure though, im thinking of buying a real blata bottle to replace it. what coolant do you recommend? would auto coolant work?
Automotive coolant has for sure been run in the past, but they do also make some really nice motorcycle specific coolant, other than the temp ranges I'm not sure exactly what the differences would be between the two.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Automotive coolant has for sure been run in the past, but they do also make some really nice motorcycle specific coolant, other than the temp ranges I'm not sure exactly what the differences would be between the two.
These days most of the automotive coolants are silicate free, go to a GM automotive dealer and get you a gal. of their stuff(the pink one) It's really good.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts