Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
880 Posts
That is very annoying when you get full of fuel trying to adjust your carburetor, and you have to do it over and over and over again until it is right. I definitely would rather have the walbro clone carbs any day, but my floater carbs I think I have dialed in and I don't have to tune them too much afterwards. Definitely makes it nice

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What do you guys use for seats? I bought this 1/2" thick dense anti-vibe adhesive foam and it's not bad this was my first try at making a seat. Also doodled in the tires with a pen.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I use whatever crappy foam they give you. I've ridden 45 minutes on those seats, not the most comfortable but it does the job. Some people complain about those seats but their ass must not be as padded as mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I started to build a spare motor for this bike. I scored a true ada head and crankshaft. Porting is not my strong point I am definitely a bolt on mechanic.
Started in the cases trying to soften the shelf. This is after cutting with a carbide bit and a grinding stone. What are your thoughts so far?

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Machine Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Rim Gas Bicycle part Auto part

·
Registered
880 Posts
That is a really good start. Match up the cylinder head on top so you can see the flow and look at everything in the way. Very mild work will go a long way. Just make sure you don't do too much, only take away exactly what you're going to need to make a smooth flow

21 - 26 of 26 Posts