Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
ever since I got my first air cooled PB last year, I've been looking to make it faster. I had put a BB kit on it, fiberglass reeds, will be honing the carb to 14mm in the fall.

BUT, what I really wanted was a speed demon! :eek:

I was on Kijiji last night, and searching for used pocket bikes as I do every few days looking for something LC.
I have seen many before in the price range of $250-$450 for mini/midi's.

THEN I SAW IT!!

Blata Elite 13 rep for...........$90!!!!!!!

I thought it was a scam, but I wrote to the guy anyway asking him to contact me asap and that I lived 10 minutes from his house and that I would absolutely take it. And he did in fact message me back his address to come take a look at it.

Was used for a single day of riding, and was immaculate!!

So here it is

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Man, your going to make an grown man Cry, Nice Buy. Alot faster than a Cag, I have a 50cc C1 water cooled bike.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Nice job, What Carburetor is on it? because I think if it's the SHA 14/14 Replica it might already be 14mm, the next logical upgrade would be a 16mm SHA (should fit the stock intake) or to modify the intake manifold to accept the 17.5mm "Banshee" carb, or go right for the 19mm PHBG replica carb.

Great job! and that really is a good find.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've scouring every thread discussing the elite 13 on PBP for the past hour trying to find a compiled list of maintenance and parts that need to be replaced in order to extend the life of the bike.

So far I've come across info regarding new wrist pin for the piston, and check the alignment of the frame(not sure how I'm going to do that). As for strengthening the frame, I should be good, since I'm a welder :)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
As I recall, the swing-arm was the part that needed to be aligned on some of them, not all of them just some.

The engine, Brady (StrayDawg) knows lots about them, They are close to my C1 (Blata b1 replica) but I think are the Polini clone engine which is a little different.

I don't remember much more other than it is a SWEET little bike!

The wrist pins we're a big issue, If you pull the cylinder you should be able to feel the piston for side to side movement to see if the "Shims" have been left out on your engine.

The exhaust pipe on your bike is totally sweet, back in the day I wanted to try and fit that pipe to one of the C1's but it never happened.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Where in the HELL You guys find those INCREDIBLE DEALS???...Craiglist?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found that the engagement point of the clutch to be pretty high and gives an awfully neck snapping acceleration. Sort of scared me just taking it down the street.
Is there a way to bring this down with softer springs or a heavier clutch? I won't be racing it, just having fun.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Hehehe, It's supposed to be like that, the clutch should be set so it comes on around 8500Rpm's that is the point where the engine really makes some power, you could probably lower it, but I would need to verify that the clutch is the same adjustable three shoe as what I think was stock, you would just need to loosen all three springs a little bit.

But to be honest, just lean way forwards and smile as you fly away!

The water cooled bikes are not designed for "putting around" :D:thumbsup:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Its a racing bike, WOT, its go or no go. Its scares me too cause it is so small for that much power,lol,lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to have to build up a level of comfort before I start bringing this thing to WOT, I'll also start wearing a helmet and gloves to ride this bike, it's serious business :p

I'll ask again, does anyone know of a consolidated list of upkeep and parts that require changing (ie: wrist pin bearing)
I'd like to know which motor it is supposed to be a replica of so that I can have a criteria to look for when looking for info

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Yeah, you could get some Dupont Viton O rings in the head before the China ones break and fill up your engine with water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts