Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. How many mphs increase will i see with a 15mm carb and an air filter? Time for the 2nd, where can i get hydrualic brakes for my cateyes if anywhere? And when i was hooking up neons to my bike, I had em perfect until i flipped the switch. When it is in off position it turns them on and on position turns them off, anyone knoe whats wrong? Thanks everyone and welcome back!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
check the wiring for the neons, maybe something burned up.

for hydraulic brakes, you'll have to wait until a company does some R&D track time for the brakes, or custom mount some from a mountain bike.

·
Registered
541 Posts
For the carb I'm not sure you will see a gain in mph,the stock carb is 15mm(unless you have 43cc) but you have to tune it for either high speed or low end torque as there is only one air/fuel adjustment.If you got the carb with high and low adjustments you can tune the carb to get low end torque and top speed,its the best of both worlds.So its a performance gain mostly in the whole power band,and smoothes out the midrange. I got 5mph and better acceleration out of my air filter on my X1 over stock.

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Outlaw50 said:
If your running that carb, get it with a choke. I'm not sure what muffler you are refering to...
Sorry, i found the muffler for $100. Thanks for the hookup dc :D

Is it possible to tint with a specialty paint? I want to tint my helmet but its impossible to do w/ that paper because the windshield is curved.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Remember all the mods you add pretty much rely on one another. A carb alone would bearly do anything. An exhaust alone helps but without a filter its not up to full potential. Its pretty much hard to tell how much of an increase your actually going to get. In the end its different for everyone's bike because each person break it in diffrently. Even two identical bikes broken in by the same person may experience significant different results with mods. In general a bike with filter, carb, p&p, tuned pipe, rocket key would hit anywhere between 30-40mph. Also the type of oil & your fuel ratio matters too. Its a good idea to check operating temps when lowering the oil content. If your getting a big increase in the heat range you might want to step back down to a higher oil to fuel ratio. Remember what really limits your bike is the gearing. If you had a 500hp car and left it in 1st gear it wouldnt win a drag race against a 90hp car that shifts to 4th or 5th gear.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok i know the mixing tank these bikes come with are way off on measurments. anyone have an idea what the level for 20:1 is? What spark plugs have you guys had the best results with?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Backwoodz said:
For get the mixing bottle.....mix 4oz of oil to 1 gallon of gas = 32:1

And here is link for brakes http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=BR702C00

Many of the better chopper bikes are using front hydraulics.
Yes... My cousin has one of those choppers and the brakes rule lol, its why i want em for the cateyes, stoppies all night long :cool:. 32:1, does that run better than 20:1? I heard 20 was the best...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
In my opinion for these engines I do believe 32:1 is the best all around....20:1 is too oil rich I do believe.......and this could cause the engine to run lean for fuel unless it is properly tuned for it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Will those brakes be easy to install on the cateyes? I hope so because these brakes are crap marcelo. Anyone know where i can get a sprocket with a low amount of teeth?

·
Registered
146 Posts
how would I mix 32:1? What type of bottle should I use to measure it with since the original mixing bottles are off?..BACKWOODS I have a the cateyes also, and you say that your bike runs best when it's mixed 32:1 correct?..LEt me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i need some help with buying a pocket bike i hope somebody will help me lol. i want a pocket bike and am all about speed so i want to know wat the best engin will be best for me i belive i should go 4 stroke but is 2 better i dont know so if anybody could help me just send ur addvice to my emial @ [email protected] i apperciate any help i can get

1 - 19 of 19 Posts