Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol, I'm supposed to be selling my extra bike and what do I find myself doing??? Driving 40 minutes to pick up a 3 for 1 Special.. Almost dissapointed when I got there but after going over it all I think I faired pretty well... I got a Polini 911 Dreambike with Busted PullStart and no Seat Plastics plus 2 Cags. 1 full fairing with everything except hand grips and another I think it was a half fairing cag with no Fairings.. Plus a box of extras.. Well really just a HP carb, extra cylinder, piston, stock crank and extra Coil. Everything else was for the taken apart full fairing cag.. I got it all For 120 Bucks..

The Dreambike only has the 4.2 Polini Case but still stoked... I'll get it running and looking good and pawn it off to someone.. I started painted the Rusted DeathFrame and going to get one together tonight.. Think I found a buyer for it already...

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Not bad for $120 for all of it.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt even try to talk the kid down.. I probably could have, but it seemed fair enouph... Well as long as the polini starts. I'll get to that one tomorrow... lol Need to fix the pull start...

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, only Series 1 but still happy... I got the one that was apart back together... The Pull start needed repair, it needed a chain, Hand Grips and the Needle was way too lean so it bogged out when the choke was off..
Oh and A bunch of screws and axel spacers were missing..

I can’t figure out how to get an Air filter on the carb.. There just isn’t enough room between the carb and swing arm.. I tried thinning out an air box as much as I could but it still wont fit..

Here are few crappy Pics... My friend came and picked up his good camera... So I guess I'm stuck with my phone camera... Guess I need to start saving for a new real camera... These pics suc

Attachments

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Haha.. I got it to fit... I just sanded the lame original air box on both sides till it fit.. I thought I couldnt go any more but I got another mm or 2 and it now barely squeezes in... I did scuff the top alittle.. went .0004 too far... This bike is bone Stock! Everything China! Yay.. No Mods.. Lol bet the to be buyer will be calling back soon... lol

... Edit: After second thought I did the petcock mod and the air box thinning... Mildly modded i might say!!!!! lol

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Yellow one was has been sold.. got my money back, plus 80 bucks and the other two bikes (polini 910 w no gas tank or seat plastics and Cag w no platics or gas tank) for free..

Anyone near me have some Half Fairing Cag Plastics or a Polini 910 Gas tank and seat??? lol

I almost got the Polini Started.. Checked compression and there was only 40 PSI. I popped the head and there was no ring on the Piston.. Not too much damage to the piston only looks like the ring hit in one spot then maybe shot out the exhaust?! I cleaned the groove and made the ring I had for my other polini piston float nicely.. Got it back together and have 125- 135 PSI now.. I cleaned the 14/14 carb out and have a 68 Jet in it but it wont seem to start.. I have good spark and when I throw some carb cleaner in the carb it starts for a second or two and dies out like its flooding.. I cleaned and put on my other 14/14 carb and it started for about 20 seconds and died.. And the same thing is happening still with the new carb… Could my 68 jet be too Small/large I don’t have one smaller than 68.. I’ll try a 72 see if it starts but with compression could it be the Reeds? I didn’t check them out yet… The gas tank im using has clean gas and flows good… Oh the pocket bike fun…
Oh and.. Should I be running blue or Green Polini Reeds on my bikes? I have two green sets and one blue.. Should I put the blue on my GRC??

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hell ya! I was stoked with the deal! i didnt even try to talk the kid down.. It was all he was asking.. I got the Polini to Start and it sounds good!! The Piston was on backwards (Noticed Back Firing when I was trying to start it so I knew something was wrong) After I switched that I opened the Reed cage and it was on upside down... lol

Now all I need is the seat plastics, windshield and a gas tank for it.. I need a Seat fairing for the other cag but the frame is painted and everything else is together...

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sooooo, lol so the kid I sold this yellow Lucky 7 to ended up wrecking it already... He broke two bones in a foot, broke both handle bars and the muffler tip somehow...

Hes asking if I have another for sale... Oh my, lol All wreckless.. I told his mom to get him some gear because they are dangerous... Then I saw her let him ride it up the road with just a bicycle helmet on and he sped wobbled the whole way up the inclined hill… I knew there was going to be trouble… lol Careful out there kids....

HAH

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ya... This bike ended up having a Zenoah head on it with the Carb intake plated off.. I didnt even want to try to start it so I just rebuilt the top end with a different head and piston i had.. lol Sooo funny how you find these things sometimes....

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Oh ya... This bike ended up having a Zenoah head on it with the Carb intake plated off.. I didnt even want to try to start it so I just rebuilt the top end with a different head and piston i had.. lol Sooo funny how you find these things sometimes....
Thats funny ........That kid needs some riding tips to go with the safety gear..........I didnt start getting hurt til after I turned 30.....:confused:

The older I get the faster I used to be...The days of pain have arrived.......:eek:.......LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.