Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to get a small bike for son for Christmas. So i wanted to get him a CAG. Great size for him. After 2weeks of emailing people from ads i finally got one. $50 for it. The guy was wanting $90 for it. It does run and runs good. It needs a new pull start. Its broke today. And a left footpeg and the carb leaks gas once to kill the engine. Since my son is 8yrs and hes just learning how to ride. I'm going to put training wheels on it. Once he get used to the bike and rides it good. It will be time to upgrade and do some mods to it. So this next build for me will be fun. My son wants to help with it. So he'll learn how to work on his own stuff when he gets older.

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Good deal for $50, The carbs and plastic pull starters are trouble on these bike. I would take the carb off or drop the float bowl and clean it good and the brass main jet. Your float level could be to high also.
You need a $20 alum pull starter, and if your rope breaks you can use chainsaw cord and rewind the spool if the spring is good.

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I also picked up a G-Scooter with a 49cc on it. Its a fun alittle thing.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. I was looking at the new pull starts. I dont want a plastic one for sure. How do i adjust the float level?

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
First turn on the gas for a few minutes and then off, try to take the carb or float bowl off level as you can so you can see how much gas is in the bowl. The little arms can be bent, out for less gas & in towards the top for more gas.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. TY. Ill give that try. Ill have do it this weekend or if i have a short day of work.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered parts for my sons bike. New metal pull start. Carb and better foot pegs for it. Woohoo!

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. Bit its no biggie. It was one of those cheap plastic ones. I ordered a metal one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lucky kid..... I love these bikes because they are so cheap to upgrade. Trust me though, the cash piles up quickly lol. I have about $350 into mine and the bike was like $40 lolol.

Those carbs are so freaking finicky...

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got my parts today in the mail. The carb works great. Just have to ideal it down. The metal pull start crapped out on 2pulls. Lol. I rebuilt it and it working better now. The small metal claw stop coming out when you pull it. So i fixed that problem. Now just waiting on the new foot pegs for it. Then it will be ready for a paint job. :) My son wants it blue. So i might bust out my air brush kit and out some flames on it to.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The guy i got from. His son did that. But it will be getting a repaint soon.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the new matel pull start i got one is a defective one. The claw that spins out the center is to big and the little middle piece does grab the metal claw all the time. So it doesnt kick out all the time. It only kicks out once out of 20pulls. So i gotta look on ebay for a new metal claw for the pull start.

I got my air filter kit with Vstack today for my blue bike. The center intake hole was only 13mm on the mount plate. So drilled it out to match my 15mm intake carb. Installed new metal pegs on the CAG. Dang its starting to come together. The carb need to be adjusted. The idea set way to high on it. So ill be playing with on the holiday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.