Like it or Don't like it

• Don't Like it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. Lets start off by saying I sold all my other bikes. I haven't had any for for awhile now. So I Bought 2 x1.

Red one- $100.00
Red faded one (No motor)- $30.00

Both are getting 100% make overs. I will post the updates. First one getting done is the Red one. Then the Red faded one.

Let me know what you're opinions are. I wont care what you say. Just want too see what people think. Thanks hope you like them. Follow up on this post will be updated almost daily/weekly.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Welcome back, looks like you will be busy for awhile, good find.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yeah, new paint w/ primer under coat, I use engine 600 degree paint on the frames and engine cyld and stuff cause it can take gas & oil without major problems. But w/ engine paint on the frame you have to heat up the paint with a heat gun to cure it. The best part about your rims is they split in half, makes tire changing so easy, do you have tubes. My Polini has rims like that, you take the half with the air valve hole lay the tire w/ tube in, put the tube valve thru the hole put the other half together and put the 3 rim bolts back in. I can take he rim off and change the tire and tube in 5 mins. and put it back on. Putting a tire on a 6.5" Cag rim is a nightmare.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wheels I think im going to polish up. I want too see if that works. If not I am painting them black. The plastics are going to be some type of grey. I Also Heated up the paint to bond with the metal. Also put 2 coats of clear on it too. Now im just trying to figure out how to install led lights for the headlights.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
My X18 has a 10amp glass fuse & black holder on a sheet metal neck brace plate on the left near neck. On the protected side of the fuse or near it would be a good place to hook lights. Do you have a voltage rectifier in your wiring, the stator plate puts out AC current to run the CDI and coil but your battery, LED lights and stuff are DC off the small black finned box, or from the battery.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I basically want to run it from the switch on the hand grip near the horn button. But i might just make it so when the bike is on. The lights will go on too. The headlights I wants to get have 2 wires like the stock ones. So I was going to remove the pins and put them on the new set of lights and go from there.

Here is also day 3 Update. Bike is staying red. Plastics are to clean. Don't want to get rid of a stock nice pair. Sometimes original is better.

only need to hook up the harness, Clean the rest of the plastics, put the rest of the fairings on, hook up breaks and throttle, and put fresh fuel in.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picking this up tomorrow or the next day.

Black X1- $40.00

Broken engine mounts. Transferring everything to the Faded red one. Faded red bike is missing a good amount of stuff.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's a great buy for $40, cause of the broken mount, cost to much to pay to have it fixed, your a Lucky Dog, can't find anything where I live, looking for an X7 frame for a twin engine bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EPR. You dont happen to have anything on X1 Wiring diagram do you. This guy have wires in the wrong places and some are the wrong color. Id not ill figure it out. I've only done 8 Of these prior. 3 With custom wiring.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have not re-wired anything, I have repaired wiring and plugs that went bad. Tncscooters online sells all the white plugs for pocket bikes from 1 to 6 wires like the 4 stroke 5 pin CDI plug with 1 wire blank. I got 2, 3, 4 and 6 wire plug sets, for 50 cents or $1 each, has M/F white plug w/ the brass wire connectors. I have an old super bike wiring it's called, but think it is for Cateye, X1 & X2s. Does not show the 4 stroke starter motor, but I think the starter/generator housing from the 49cc piston port engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have always said it, I usually would cover the bikes and hide them, out of sight for months because I know that I get the bug, like it happens with R/C nitro cars. When I get the hell with this, sell everything, stop for a minute and hold on to it even if need to be hidden.

Its tought to say about the wiring schematics, they change so much. I usually work on them by common sense kind of, like two similar pairs going to the front would be lights, etc. Having a multimeter with tone, continuity testing will help a bunch.

For 40 dollars, not even the plastics cost that. Super good deal. The only thing that you got to look for is for tires that are not out of round and blown front shocks.

The X1 frames are usually super well built, they may be covered in rust, but there is yet one I have not found which are not usable.

They are easy to work on, and I prefer the X1s with all flat black look with almost no fairings giving it that naked chassis look. You know this already, a fat pipe is a must to make that motor sing and open up with the sweet sound of 2-stroke.

Glad you are back.

You know the drill, high quality 2-stroke oil, good NGK plugs, clean air filter, and proper mix...

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=84546

A must do, clean the transmission housing;

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
What a mess, typical China grease job, lol. Get it clean and put 100cc of 10/30 to 30 wt. oil, that grease is eating horsepower, lol. You just want the bottom of the chain running thru the oil.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The only good thing is it guarantees the gearbox will be intact and free of rust.

The plastics were painted with Plastidip and then given a satin clear finish.

I saw the wheels need some work.

Some valve lapping compound, Blue Magic or polishing compound to give some light to those wheels.
The stealth black look is always a winner.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the black bike's mounts are there. The motor was never set right on them, and a bolt snapped inside the engine casing.

My other bike is almost done. Carb need to be cleaned again, But I think I might just get a new one. I think it is shot.

And nice bike crankestein. My bike bogs when the throttle is fut to full. So like I said im going to clean it again and if that don't work. I am going to get a new one.

Ill post some pic's later today on how the finish bike looks now.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Lookin good! Miss the o'l x1's and 2's.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
To bad they don't make them anymore.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts