Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i recently bought a new bike (see link http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61267) for another project.

The goal is to make it street legal and could be legally registered as i 49cc low powered moped/scoot in the state of colorado.

the requirments are:no more than 50cc and cant go faster than 30mph(pfff) Forward facing light visible from 500 feet away
Rear facing reflector or lamp. A reflector must be visible from as far as 300 feet away. A lamp must be visible from 500 feet away
Must have a horn or audio device that can be heard from 100 feet away
An affixed brake that would skid if used on a dry surface

so pretty much all my work would be wiring up some lights.

since i gutted my x7 and took everything not needed in the track. im recycling some of the parts that i took off like horn, blinkers, ignition and whatever i would need.

first step is to replace the blown suspention and make sure everything is in good shape.:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
What part of Colorado? I'm from Fort Collins and am making my X6 legal to go cruising at night. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What part of Colorado? I'm from Fort Collins and am making my X6 legal to go cruising at night. :)
im down in the springs. but i got the requirements and regulations online on dmv colorado so im pretty sure its state wide. just make sure you get it registered and always have i current printout of the DMV page where it says the laws just incase you get pulled over u have something to back you up.

Nice legality rules! I think CA is much more strict. Enjoy!
yea... its a little lax here. but it has also change like 3 times in the past months. hope it stays the same tho but eliminate the 30mph rule.:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had actually called up CSP about the bike, they said everything is peachy except I will need eye ware and carry my license on me. Thats about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had actually called up CSP about the bike, they said everything is peachy except I will need eye ware and carry my license on me. Thats about it.
peachy? ill take that as "ok" lol
ohh cool do you mean motorcycle lincense or drivers license? :confused:
sounds good, good luck and ride safe!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Drivers license. I guess there is a problem with DUI people being told they cant drive and they ride scooters in such when they aren't supposed to.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Drivers license. I guess there is a problem with DUI people being told they cant drive and they ride scooters in such when they aren't supposed to.
Why would anyone try that?!?!?!

Lawnmowers are easier, you can even pass out on them, sort of like autopilot... :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hahaha thats funny! and about the dui thing bet that actually happens!

UPDATE #1

i decided to mess with it today and dang the rear suspension was messed up. for some reason someone did something wrong and snapped the thing in half. so i took it out and heres what i got!

Good thing i had a spare one that i bought for my x7 but never get to use. the shock on the replacement part was thicker but the spring is thiner than the one that i took off. but both are rated 750lbs shock&spring tho.

put it back together and i love how she sits now. it lowered the bike about 2in and extended the wheel base about 3in. so now it looks like i got a extended swing arm. i like it better this way it makes it look low and long. without sacreficing the sick height clearance.

i also found a Bmw Hella halogen fog light that ill be using for my headlight.

Im having a hard time deciding what to use for a tail light. what i have in mind is either led 6" bar light or 6" oval led trailer light. U guys have any suggestions? or Ideas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE #2

while going through my clutter i found some fiberglass cloth. i remember i read some where that fiberglass helps reduce the exhaust noise. i proceeded on trying to unbolt my silencer but for some reason the thing wouldnt come out. i looked inside the pipe and it dead staight and the pipe has no wholes. And the reason i cant take it apart is that the screws werent really doing anything and the whole thing is welded together. so my question is how do i reduce the noise now?

i also gathered up all the wiring and electronic stuff from my x7. i pretty much have everything i need now except for the battery. i should be done wiring up everything in a couple days. now what should i use for a battery. obviously a motorcycle battery. but i want to know if any of you guys have an alternitive?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hmm... I was thinking about taking off the front fairing and making my X6 a naked bike using 2 drivers lights from autozone. To silence your bike, I would ducttape the tip. lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm... I was thinking about taking off the front fairing and making my X6 a naked bike using 2 drivers lights from autozone. To silence your bike, I would ducttape the tip. lol
yea i did that to my x7. i did a front end delete and used 2 HF led flash lights. it doesnt really do anything but it looks SICK tho.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE #3

i havent really done anything to the bike today. but i did order some stuff off amazon (taking advantage of my prime trial) for some missing electrical stuff.

i ordered a new battery since i threw away my other one coz it just wouldnt hold charge no more. I ordered
this http://www.impactbattery.com/motorc...-charge-agm-list/adventure-power-ut5l-bs.html

i also ordered a pair of led tail light for a honda rc51. i think they would look sick with my bike since its black and it matches the disign which is boxie.
http://www.amazon.com/1999-2006-TailLights-Integrated-Indicators-Motorcycle/dp/B004PC0C3E

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Johnson controls (Optima) sent it to me! all I did was ask...

But yes, I modeled it in 3D and Animated it, I'm cool! :cool: <--- Not Really

I'm using it and 3D fluke meters I made to teach college kids about Electricity... :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Johnson controls (Optima) sent it to me! all I did was ask...

But yes, I modeled it in 3D and Animated it, I'm cool! :cool: <--- Not Really

I'm using it and 3D fluke meters I made to teach college kids about Electricity... :) :thumbsup:
sound awesome. optima was my first choice till i saw the price tag. haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts