Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,083 Posts
Yeah, I bet any Triple Tree will work as long as they measure out pretty similar to the tubes are getting. Look up some pit bike Triple Tree on eBay or something.
That's some straight-up hot riding their mix and match parts to make your vehicle better

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Man, I installed a new engine with pumper crab on my kid's SYX. Damn, it's a million times better. I got the fuel lines backwards, but it still primes and runs like a champ. Only problem I'm having is the throttle sticking a bit. Trying to fix that by lubing the throttle housing. I also ordered a winged engine kit with FC crank. That's going into my super moto. The crank has a bit of a clearance issue, but nothing I can't deal with.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,083 Posts
That's awesome. If you know the sticky is not your cable then I always put a spring in over the open cable. I could show you a pic if you need a better explanation. But just having that works awesome

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I tried using the spring from an ink pen. (Actually, mechanical pencil). It wasn't quite long enough to spring it back completely. I could barely get it to stick, but it would stick on my kiddo as soon as he got on the bike, and he'd turn it off. I could never replicate the problem. The neighbor kids rode it, and he didn't have a problem either, but the neighbor kids also braps the throttle constantly, and doesn't actually understand throttle control, so he'd never replicate the problem either. Nothing major as of now. Gun lube works wonders down the throttle cable shroud, though. Lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Okay, A while back, the muffler on my SYX came from together, and I stopped riding it. I then installed the pumper carb on my bike, and my son's SYX. Well, the other day a third kid started riding (a friend of my son's friend). That third kid has my son's RPS, and the X15 decided to start having electrical problems, and I couldn't get power to the starter. So, I whipped out the SYX, so see if I could get it to run. After messing with everything under the sun, I finally got the bike to start... after I broke and replaced the recoil starter. Found out I had the Idle set too high on the carb, and that's why it was such a pain in the butt to start. My bad for assuming I had bad carbs.

Anyway, that new recoil starter died by the end of the day. It lasted 2 hours.

So, I'm buying some things to improve both bikes. If I get everything sorted out, I'll probably be able to have all 4 bikes running for once. lol. Before I pull the trigger on a new recoil starter, anyone know of a fairly reliable one that won't start showing signs of failure after pull number 3?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts