Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a pocket bike from a friend and it wont start, has model # XYQH098A on tag, it is a pull start. has one spark plug and im not sure how to tell if its giving spark, if i could get a little help knowing how to tell if theres a spark and what i can do to get this started, any help would be nice thanks

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Cool, 40 - 50cc single cylinder "Reed" ported air cooled 2-stroke "Pocket Bike" which one is it you guys? GP-RSR? has it got the little shock absorber at the back?

Basically just take the spark plug out of the bike, put the plug back into the "boot" connected to the lead wire that runs to the coil which is attached to the engine, grab the plug anywhere but by the metal, hold the metal threads up to the metal on the engine (actually touching) pull the pull start and watch the little gap in the electrode section of the spark plug, if you see a spark bridging the gap, you have at least "Some" spark, next on the list would be Fuel, and last is Compression...

Nick. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i just tested the spark plug, i didnt see any kind of spark, now would that be the spark plug its self or what is sending the spark, what kind of spark do i get for these and where would i buy one at

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have been messing around with the flywheel and coil and still get no spark, i havnt tried replacing the spark plug yet, i need to know if the spark plug can be bad or the coil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts