Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have every thing fix and when i put my on a stand int reves good but when i sit on and try to ride it bogs out when i hit full rev and at medium throttle can someone help me anyone

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Once the engine is hot does it still get spark?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok one thing can someone show how to gap a plug a video pls maybe that it. And I adjust the lossless needle it started. But what about the plug. Could that stop it from starting. I did she spark though

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Yes a bad plug can make it not run. It can also make it run like crap. Same as for the coil. If the coil is weak it will not spark in the head bc o the compression inside is the head. So one thing make sure that spark is bright.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Ok so can the plug stop it from starting

Yea if its flooding out and getting wet. Try starting it and if it dont start pull the plug and see if its wet or dry. Also check the spark should be a nice blue color if its orange its your coil has gone bad and if its white its your plug. I would even test spark with a cold motor and a hot motor if you can.

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
222 Posts
Bottom line is ...YES, a bad plug will cause it not to start... HOWEVER; if you checked and your spark plug IS getting spark...then NO, the spark plug is not your problem..

..take out your spark plug and pour a tiny amount of gas in the cylinder, put the spark plug back in and try to start it..if it fires and then dies, you have either a carberator issue or a fuel line issue..

...if all else is good...time to check the head gasket, intake gasket, piston rings, etc....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so i was so i change the plug it runs but now i want to change the coil so i dont have to worry about it later i have the money but im scared im going to mess it up is it easy to change the coil

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Yes very easy. Just turn the crank so the magnet is away from the coil loosen the 2 bolts and remove the coil. place the new coil on with a business card inbetween the flywheel and the coil hold the coil down and tighten the bolts up you may have to turn the flywheel to get the card out. Turn the flywheel just to check that the coil doesnt rub any where.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
The fuse you can get at autozone and maybe walmart.

What box are you talking about?

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
222 Posts
forget about the electric start..just pull start for now...the gap matters because the gap is your 2-cycle (timing) .....if its firing and dies, check your fuel lines//if those are good, your carb is failing...get a new carb and u should be rolling again......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.