Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with my 49cc pocket bike carburetor, wont run the best

I bought a brand new carburetor for my pocket bike and it didn't start at all,
I put on a new coil & NGK plug ( I gaped the coil to the flywheel with a business card gap ) it has a ton of spark, I also have a new 44mm piston & head on it so compression isn't the issue..

When I tore the carburetor apart I found the float seat arms were wonky. One of the arms was way higher than the other, so I set both arms to 1/8" from the gasket seat of the carburetor to the bottom of the float bowl, I then adjusted the jet screw 2 1/2" turns out and the only way I could get it started was pulling the throttle almost all the way back, then it dies

I have one of those aluminum cone air filters and 1/4" fuel lines on it

·
Super Moderator
2,685 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks around where the cylinder bolts to the crank case where the crankcase halves fit together the crankcase seals also check around the plastic manifold if that thing is warped from being over tightened it can cause a huge vacuum leak

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is this the 13mm piston carb even if its new it could be bad. Put a little gas in the carb and see if it starts. The main jet gets dirty just sitting in the warehouse, remove the main jet and atomizer tube, cleaner is not enough, need wire or welding tip clean all the holes and jet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts