Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any preference on boots? Im looking for something flexible/comfortable as well as good protection. I'll be buying a set of leathers soon as well so any recomendations on that will be helpful too...thanx in advance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have Diadora's, and I'm happy with them. I think the replacable sliders grind down kind of fast. Now, I use Shoe Goo to add ABS cut-outs to the wear spots. The hard ABS seems to hold up well. (so far)

Roy

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
i use astar boots and i have no prob, plus i like the changeable toe sliders, but if u want more of a shoe joe rocket has the atomic shoes that have toe sliders for like $90

·
Registered
866 Posts
adidas and puma make racing shoes, but not for motorcylces...

there more for looks i think..
sum1 on the old PBP had the puma shoes, but i dont kno how he liked them

·
Registered
141 Posts
Whichever brand you pick, go with something that covers the ankle if you plan on getting involved in organized racing. SEPRA requires shoes or boots that cover the ankle, not sure about USMGP.

G

·
I've tried everything from Wrestling shoes, to boots to style martin minimoto shoes...

NOTHING beats the Zocchi brand minimoto shoes. You won't believe the difference they make while riding.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Webmaster said:
I've tried everything from Wrestling shoes, to boots to style martin minimoto shoes...

NOTHING beats the Zocchi brand minimoto shoes. You won't believe the difference they make while riding.
I can't find Zocchi brand shoes! Got a link? And how do they fit?

I've found the Stylmartin shoes. And I'm wondering where I call into the size chart. I'm an 8 1/2 US shoe size. So I usually get a 9 for comfort. But UK shoe size 42 is an 8 US. And size 43 is a 9 1/2. Uhhh... Hmmm...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Buster said:
This is useless without a link to buy them... ;)
<RANT>
Heh! Yep! My frustration exactly. I need shoes for this weekend's race. But nobody has stock. (Guess I have a popular foot size.) And I've tried Google'ing until the n'th page, and still I can't find a good hit on a dealer with stock. And I've called on a few that had accessories listed on their website but still the market is dry. What I need is for someone like CycleGear to start stocking these accessories. And I want to make sure I can get the replacement pucks for the shoes as well. Or I would be better off buying a sewing machine and making my own velcro mounting points on a newer pair of leather hi-tops. And using A* sliders from their boot lineup.

I'll take Robert's word as truth. And I might have a lead on some Diadora's in my size. But I can't find any reviews. I dunno if they are a good shoe. And I can't find any replacement parts for Diadora. I don't want to dish out $100 now and find that the shoe is discontinued and nobody carries the replacement pucks. Then I'd have to buy another shoe and hope that one is popular. *sigh* This isn't as simple as I wanted it.
</RANT>

·
Registered
118 Posts
DC Minimoto.com sells them. They are not on their site, but tey had some in stock when I bought mine. Sorry, I don't have photo of them.

Roy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Joe Rocket has shoes with removable sliders and Cycle Gear carries them. I'm thinking of trying a pair of them out tomorrow to see if they'll work...

·
Registered
207 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
If you get boots, they take a little time to get use to and to break in.
My Alpinestar SMX boots are too well braced to be used as a Pocketbike boot. I'd have to be one of these Circus Gumby people to ride with them on. And they lack enough replaceable protection to be a lasting solution. I mean they and awesome streetbike boot and do have a toe slider, but I've found that I drag the whole side of my shoe when I corner. Not just the toe. That would wear the whole boot out eventually.

I would not recomend SMX boots for pocketbike racing. So if anyone is looking at a pair, you can keep looking.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wear the Falco minimoto shoes and they are comfortable.You can get replaceable pucks if needed and are available through midsouthminimoto.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts