Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bolt I have is a 6 millimeter and I am having lots of trouble trying to find a 6 millimeter banjo bolt .. brake light switch so if anyone knows would you please give me a holler......

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You have two choices...One choice is way cheaper than the other.....

Forget about finding a 6mm banjo bolt brakelight switch.....There are none

Use this ...Its easier.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-GS10...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b8a57f46&vxp=mtr

In order to get the X18 type to fit the X15 you need to drill and retap the X15 caliper to the same 10mm thread as the x18 or modify the whole rear assembly to work on the x15..........On my X15 I went the switch w/spring route.........Good luck

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool........cool ok, now I get the right swich going on....ima need further assistance on hooking it up to the brake..... the swich its self do u have it ziptyed 2 the swingarm??? Im gunna buy the part and well go from there....'oh ya thanks mutch

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
My break pedal has that slack in it like all the bikes do....do u think it will triger the break swich to go on an off while riding ???

Not if you mod the brake pedal..........Remove the nylon locknut from the footpeg pivot and stick it on the brake actuator rodend that goes into the master cylinder...leave 3-4 threads sticking up from the nut.....All the slop will be removed and the brake will work alot better.........

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I need to put a lock nut on the break Mandrell and about to the bottom of the thread you say??? Im not understanding...... didn't you make a thread on how to fix this???
I made a post about it...I dont remember making a thread........

Remove the rear brake master from the pedal bracket mount.........

Look at the brake activation rod on the pedal pivot assembly.......The rod that activates the plunger for the master cylinder has threads like a screw,,,M6 threads........

You screw a chinese M6 locknut on the threads leaving 2-3 threads poking from the top of the nut..........

Then you reassemble the brake master assembly and test it out to make sure the brakes arent grabbing and the slop has been removed to satisfaction because the rounded crown shape top on the nut doesnt allow the rod to bottom out inside the plunger and fits the plunger contour perfectly..................

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
turns out the bolts on my the tags are not 6mm. bolt but I will get a nother 6 millimeter from the hardware store......... unless you think there's another 6 millimeter bolt on the bike somewhere else

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.