Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my dilemma! I have a mid CatEye Ninja (they call it) idled and ran beautiful!!! Installed Filter ran beautiful!!! yesterday i installed a new exhaust and a new stack with choke! after installing everything, my bike took a LONG TIME to start, barely did, finally after long time, it wouldnt idle. After adjusting the carb some and all i got it starting and idling better!! But now when its idling low and i give it gas it get really boggy, and either dies or responds with a delay!!!! i been tryin diff adjustments with the carb and all!!! Let me know what u think!!! thanks
BP SPORT!!!!!
*"You Know How we Doooo!!!!"

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're carb adjustment is still off. You should have adjusted the idle screw for the idle (top of carb), then played with the bottom adjustment. I heard a lot of people say that 2 1/2 turns out usually works best for them. I would start from there. The rest is just finding the right setting for you. Gonna have to play with it a little until you find the right one. If none of that works (be patient), then check for an air leak.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ahhhh, that top one is the idle, phillips head. The bottom one (flat head) adjust the air/fuel mixture, which is most likely your culprit. Get a nice idle first. Once you have that, try adjusting a 1/4 turn at a time on the bottom adjustment. Where in the throttle does it start bogging? Low, mid or high?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ur the man, ok, it boggles when the idle is low then i touch up the throttle MID THROTTLE!!! so at that point it will either shutdown or delay in the boggle then rev up

·
Registered
18 Posts
BPSport said:
I appreciate the quick response brother!! Good Shyt.... I been adjusting that screw on top of Carb with the Spring, what does that bottom lil screw adjust?
The bottom screw adjust your air:fuel mixture that the carb is taking into the engine. Start at 2 1/2 turns counterclockwise out, and then adjust from there. Turning the screw counter-clockwise will richen the mixture and turning the screw clockwise will lean the mixture out. I usually ride around with a screwdriver in my hand and adjust it by the seat of my pants...lol.

Check the midbike faq on the top of the midbike section, theres lots of good info in there thanks to Outlaw50 and a bunch who wrote it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That was the problem I had. Here's what I would do. Turn the bottom screw all the way in. Count how many rotations it took, just so you know. Turn it back out 2 1/2 turns. Giv that a shot. See if you can get the back wheel off the ground, will make things a lot easier. Oh, and remember the point that it would bog down before. Adjust the screw while it is revving at that point. It will be easier if someone else is on the throttle. It'll take a few trys. Once you got that, might as well really tune it. With quick burst of Full throttle, adjust the screw until you hear the highest RPM. Once it starts to bog, take it back just a little. You should be able to here it. Don't hold at full throttle for too long. Remember these bikes are air cooled and you're not moving. Good luck and hope it helps.

·
Registered
866 Posts
u might wanna check for airleaks too, or get some gaskets...

i had the same problem...
i had to keep adjusting the screw, but still couldnt find a perfect spot...

so i looked at it, and my intake manifold had a crack, and wen i replaced it, it ran fine...

·
Registered
866 Posts
u said new stack right?
u could be getting a air leak inbetween the stack/choke and carb,

or between the carb and manifold...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts