Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my dad just bought a couple of mini choppers and I can't find any info on the one in the front in this pic. I'm pretty sure the one I'm sitting on in the back is an apc mini harley but correct me if I'm wrong..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There Mini Choppers w/ a plastic harley twin engine. The 2 stroke 49cc is a Zenoah copy piston port engine w/a 15mm pumper carb w/a primer bulb on the bottom. It's all made in China. Go to online to PB Parts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There Mini Choppers w/ a plastic harley twin engine. The 2 stroke 49cc is a Zenoah copy piston port engine w/a 15mm pumper carb w/a primer bulb on the bottom. It's all made in China. Go to online to PB Parts.

The back one is apc though right? And all I need to know about the front one is the info you gave?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have 2 of them engines, one is a stock one out of my scooter, in pieces, and being modded. Putting a Boosted306, member here, 49cc ported Zenoah Cyld/Head. My other one is a fully modded engine. Cut the stock cylinder 5 fins from the top and ground a round ring to fit the Cag alum alloy head. There is alot you can do on your own, with a few tools. I did the red head eng by hand and hand power tools and sandpaper. See photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I find out the displacement on the apc mini? I know they come in 43cc and 47cc. and for the carb size on the apc should I take of the carb and use a micrometer to measure the interior diameter of the carb or the jug?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The bore on a 43, 47cc is 40mm and the other 49cc is 44mm, 4mm bigger or about 1/8", your can measure it thru the intake or exhaust port on the head. The carb is a copy carb of a Walbro WYK 15mm pumper carb, the hole thru the piston that turns open when you pull on the throttle cable is 15mm. There is an idle screw on top an a brass slotted Low Jet adj on top and the High Speed jet one the side, the one w/ the spring. Start w/ 2 turns out on the high. If you move the Low Jet have to epoxy the threads after.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Someone here yesterday told me in a PM that on the 15mm pumper carb the brass slotted one on the top is the main jet adj. and the spring loaded side screw is the air idle screw. Is that True, its seems more believable than it is a low jet that runs thru the center of the bore??

·
Registered
316 Posts
Someone here yesterday told me in a PM that on the 15mm pumper carb the brass slotted one on the top is the main jet adj. and the spring loaded side screw is the air idle screw. Is that True, its seems more believable than it is a low jet that runs thru the center of the bore??

Hehe, wait till i tell you how to mod the main jet.

Hugh
SDscooters

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Not so but people perceive things differently from their experiences....The brass needle on top is the LSN and the needle with spring is indeed the hsn adjustment......The LSN just has a secondary role at WOT aswell because as the rotator rotates it also corkscrews upwards to lift the brass needle out of the tube to allow a bigger surge of fuel spurts to mix with the air velocity of the inrushing air to acheive atomization....

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Nice cutaway of the carb, I saved that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its off the Walbro technical manual for the WYK series. I'll have it added to the site for DL.

Also having "adjustable jet" "low speed jet" etc stricken from the site and replaced with "low speed needle". Thanks for pointing that out cam

LSN needle is adjustable on these carbs. It is not adjusted by turning the brass barrel nut but rather the tiny screw inside it.

Hugh
SDscooters

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I'm afraid to take mine apart, all them tiny parts inside, I might drop one and lose it,lol. It's $10 for a Walbro kit, and $30 for a carb on sale, I just buy a new carb and save the old one for parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what kind of bike is it i just got one and i need lots of parts (chrome) lights , cables i would like to find out if there is a parts list on this or where i can buy all the parts from?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
EPR said what type of engine was on the bike. All the parts you need are either on ebay or pocket bike parts Florida.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There are at least a hundred different pocket bikes that look similar, and some similar that have different names & numbers. Need photos or a good description of what the bike frame, wheel size an engine look like??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry it took me so long :-(
front tire is 3.00-8
back tire is a 13x5.00-6
the eng looks like a Zenoah the guy that i got it from told me it will run down the road at 35 mph
It looks just the one on top of the page but the paint is red on top . The frame is square on top it is apx 1 1/8 x1 1/8 and it is 28" long . From the back of the neck to the top frame back is 41" long . Bottom of the neck to the bottom back frame is 43" long the frame from the bottom of the neck to where it bends is 20" long over all it is 47 " long the frame is 10" wide
I hope that this will help you out i don't know what i can give you if this don't work for you

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Them are my engines, the grey part is plastic, I have a engine w/ a red one too, and a few more. It's what we call a 49cc piston port engine, made in China, and I think you have a Cateye its what we call a Mid-Bike. Does it still have the full body work with the two long headlights. Online on the www. go to pocketbikeparts.com in Florida. On the main page are icon photos of many bikes, scooters and choppers and stuff. Find the Cateye, see if it looks like yours, you will know when you see it. If not look at the other bikes icon to see if you can find yours. Click on any icon, it will take you too hundreds of parts. Have Fun!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts