Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got this pocket bike and I’m trying to figure out what brand it is and also I plan on stretching the back and putting a slightly bigger motor in it as well. So if anyone can help me with any information it would be really awesome.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
It's a ladder frame 4 stroke they are to new no known modifications are available for that bike at this time aside from an air intake.

There is a theory that the mono cam can be modified to shorten the valve open duration which in theory will up the compression the intake would also have to be ported to compensate for the shortened intake open valve duration.

Yes these new four-stroke engines are way more complicated than the old school two strokes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's one of those fitrite bikes from Amazon. i had one. 40cc 4stroke and there is a 50cc 2 stroke variant. They can use the vertical, piston port 2 stroke. Brakes are kinda crap, but work. Clip-ons don't like to tighten, and move a lot. Tries are soft, and might last a month. (My kid did burnouts for two days, after I got the bike. Tires showed thread by day two.)

They're fun, but no suspension makes for easy tank slappers.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Yeah that happened on the one four stroke I had, with the tire. It was flat when I got it, put a new one on and after I sold it the guy blew that new tire after a week. Never ever blew a tire on a two-stroke. Crazy

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
My old neighbor had one we tried to swap it with the Piston ported 2-stroke but it's too narrow and the Piston ported 2-stroke won't fit up into the frame without bending it open with a porta power or something in which my neighbor did not want to do.

The tires blow out they are too thin where they cut in the tread pattern they need to be swapped with solid slicks...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My old neighbor had one we tried to swap it with the Piston ported 2-stroke but it's too narrow and the Piston ported 2-stroke won't fit up into the frame without bending it open with a porta power or something in which my neighbor did not want to do.

The tires blow out they are too thin where they cut in the tread pattern they need to be swapped with solid slicks...
Any recommendations on tires ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a ladder frame 4 stroke they are to new no known modifications are available for that bike at this time aside from an air intake.

There is a theory that the mono cam can be modified to shorten the valve open duration which in theory will up the compression the intake would also have to be ported to compensate for the shortened intake open valve duration.

Yes these new four-stroke engines are way more complicated than the old school two strokes.
“Ladder frame” can you explain? Sorry I’m kinda new to this. And thank you I’ll have to at some air intake systems then, anything you can recommend would also be helpful

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
“Ladder frame” can you explain? Sorry I’m kinda new to this. And thank you I’ll have to at some air intake systems then, anything you can recommend would also be helpful
It's just the style...

You need a intake kit like this. ( Search Google )

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you know how to weld and mild fabrication? Thats what will need to be done. Unless you can find a bike with the 2 stroke.
No I do not unfortunately, but can I not just take out the 4 stroke and just drop on a 2 stroke? Because it’s currently a 40cc 4 stroke and if I can just swap it out then I would like to put in a 49-50cc 2 stroke (or slightly larger) engine without having to do any type of/very little frame work.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
No I do not unfortunately, but can I not just take out the 4 stroke and just drop on a 2 stroke? Because it’s currently a 40cc 4 stroke and if I can just swap it out then I would like to put in a 49-50cc 2 stroke (or slightly larger) engine without having to do any type of/very little frame work.
The 2 stroke will not fit in that frame I personally tryed it you will have to spread open the frame and weld in mounting plates to make the chain line work the 2 stroke is alot wider

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 2 stroke will not fit in that frame I personally tryed it you will have to spread open the frame and weld in mounting plates to make the chain line work the 2 stroke is alot wider
Thank you very much for this information it’s really appreciated

1 - 16 of 16 Posts