Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello, I'm new here and just need a little help.
I had bought a KXD-504, it's just a cheap, little Chinese mini dirt bike and I've already had many issues with it.
The main issue is the pull-start, which is my only problem now. I've had to replace it twice and I've only rode it around 4 times. My new pull-start cost £25 and it's starting to get a little awkward to pull.
I'm quite clueless with this type of thing but basically the problem is that when I pull it, it sounds like it's almost scratching the flywheel. It was working not long ago, now though, it just randomly started to fail. It doesn't even recoil fully! I've taken the pull start apart and noticed the big coil spring had snapped (the part that hooks in) so I wondered if that has anything to do with it?
Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
regap the coil to flywheel...it sounds like your coils hitting the magneto...the gap is .020"....getting that new bend in the spring is gonna be tricky...Id use a plumbers torch and heat it up cherry red on the end and while heating bend the spring with a needle nose pliers..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
regap the coil to flywheel...it sounds like your coils hitting the magneto...the gap is .020"
Well as I took my pull starter off, I noticed the thick coil spring seems to be trying to get out at one side and no matter what I do, it won't go back in. Does that mean I have to take it out and rewind it? The last time I did that I almost lost a finger :D

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
I have one but it doesn't fit the bike, nor can I find one that does fit :/
Oh you have the small square one right?...If so and you have the rectangular pawl on the engine then I suggest you get a GS Moon pawl and pullstarter...........Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts