Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like many post here ive wanted to put a 90/90 10 front tire on my x15 (ive got 3.00 10 maxxis ) but after putting the new tire on the rim im not able to seat the bead cause the tire dont want to reach the rim and seal.. Ive tried to put a strap around the tire but nothing work.. Wath can i do ? Or is it ok to put a tube in or something ?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Like many post here ive wanted to put a 90/90 10 front tire on my x15 (ive got 3.00 10 maxxis ) but after putting the new tire on the rim im not able to seat the bead cause the tire dont want to reach the rim and seal.. Ive tried to put a strap around the tire but nothing work.. Wath can i do ? Or is it ok to put a tube in or something ?
You can put a tube......When you seat a bead you need alot of air pressure to pop the bead,,,the way to get a good pop is to remove the valve core..............:thumbsup:

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
But would it have the same handling if i put a tube in a tubeless tire ?
It should be fine.My on-offroad dirtbikes have innertubes and they work as intended..The tube adds more tire strength..........

If you get a chance it isnt balanced it can be balanced with a level cradle and the front axle with stick-on wheel weights........

·
Registered
66 Posts
should always have a tube on front I think. For what it's worth.

Few tips: try leave tyre in hot sun before fitting. Deadblow hammer or rubber mallet in combination with high pressure air, dishwasher liquid and a belt/ rachette tie down. . The liquid helps to slip it on bead etc and can also help seal the air enough to pop it out......

·
Registered
6 Posts
easiest thing to do would be to go down to your local tire store and ask them to seat the bead for you. all they gotta do is fill a tank up with air and poof pull the lever and thats it . or u can spray a little either into the tire and light a match and the combustion from the either will sest the bead.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
or u can spray a little either into the tire and light a match and the combustion from the either will sest the bead.
Dont try this.. It only works if done right.. I tried and ouch! It did not work! A rope and pole works better..... A tie down wratchet makes a bump were the wratchet mechanisim sets and doesnt seem to let the tire seat..

401's Idea of just driving it to a tire shop would probablly be the easiest.. :rolleyes: Esp if the tire is the incorrect size...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never mind i did it finaly ! I used the very dangerous method of starter fluid.. To be sure that no ether rest in the tire ive refilled and flate the tire 10 time.. Its off topic but my friend show me about 1 years a propane tank that he convert to a air tank but he forgot to purge the gaz ( the tank was empty but you know...) and he fill up a tire on his truck.. A tire blowing cause of propane in it can flip a truck up side down in a highway curve!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Having trouble with my front 6.5" C1 rim, new soft slick tire, might have stretched it to far, and in one spot no matter what I did the bead stay away from the rim, so I gave it to my Buddy, with the tire machine and we will see what happens. The new rear slick & wheel worked fine, filled right up, go figure. I ordered 2 front and rear Cag tubes for $7.95 ea. My old Cags have tubes the newer ones don't, my A1 has split rims, like them better all the time,lol. On my X18 new front scooter tire, I clean up the rim, new tire and it still leaked, so from now one at least in the front I am running tubes, do not trust these China rims at all.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i work at a shop and when i do my tires i just need to take the valve core out and blast it, ive never had any luck with straps but if you use both hands to press the tire in evenly it will help alot
i have tubes in my rear tires and not the front cause it never required it, i have 3.5/10 maxxis in front, if you put a tube in there it should be fine if the sizes are close, i run tubes in the rear cause i had issues with air loss plus for racing i like to run a bit lower pressure and not worry about unseating the tire in a corner
not a fire fan so id let a shop do any of yours in the future, i do air free

·
Registered
66 Posts
yea you need a bit of common sense with racthette tie. On my shifterkart I always get a wheel that will leak quicker than the others, apparently air escapes through the porous, worse on magnesium rim. Painting the inside rim can slow or stop it... I tell ya worse part of fitting tubes into those 10" rims is getting valves through. It's knuckle killer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.