Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I dissasmbled and cleaned and rebuilt the stock carb on a gp mtx that i recently bought. After putting it back together it now leaks gas from carb but not from the overflow tube. I took the bowl off and it is dripping slowly, then i turn gas on it pours out like it should. turn gas off and it drips.... any guesses? Did I mess up reassembling the petcock?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Today I dissasmbled and cleaned and rebuilt the stock carb on a gp mtx that i recently bought. After putting it back together it now leaks gas from carb but not from the overflow tube. I took the bowl off and it is dripping slowly, then i turn gas on it pours out like it should. turn gas off and it drips.... any guesses? Did I mess up reassembling the petcock?
Just eliminate thestockpetcock and install an in-line fuel shutoff...Its your best bet...for more info look up petcock mod in the search.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont remember putting a little tiny rubber washer back, in the very bottom of petcock. All the pieces you pictured im certain are put back together properly. I cant tear back apart tonight to see if thats the problem but I hope it is. The I hope I can find a rubber washer that little, locally.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
If that rubber pieces breaks it can block gas flow and it will leak all the gas out of your tank. We all get JB Weld and fill in the cavity and drill thru the gas inlet and put a gas turnoff just above it.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
If that rubber pieces breaks it can block gas flow and it will leak all the gas out of your tank. We all get JB Weld and fill in the cavity and drill thru the gas inlet and put a gas turnoff just above it.
He doesnt have a flow problem he has a problem with it not shutting off all the way........That shows the rubber isnt allowing a total seal when turned off.......

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Your float needle may not be sealing also when you push up on the float the flow should stop. The dime only covers the JB Welb epoxy that the whole inside was filled with. The knob and rubber parts are in a baggy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for the record, I pulled the whole thing apart again, put it back together and it seems perfect. I hope so, because gas drips ruin the fresh paint and I painted the under side of the fairings too, the bike will be under the xmas tree so I wanted it sparkling:) It look brand new now, and drives perfectly.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sometimes you have to back off the 2 screws if white knobis to tight or it will rip the rubber ring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.