Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I open this plug on what I thought was a gear box cover oil fill but the hole was dried so I started to fill it with 75-90 gear oil but it started to leak. I took the cover off and realized that there weren't any gears and the cover had a manufacturer little hole that most be for in case some oil escape from the engine. What I don't understand is what the 2 plug on the cover are for. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's your stator!! Oil is not supposed to go there!!

The plug at the top is to check for TDC. The plug on the side is so you can turn the crank over without taking off the cover. The weep hole is to alert you that the crank seal is leaking and let oil out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's your stator!! Oil is not supposed to go there!!

The plug at the top is to check for TDC. The plug on the side is so you can turn the crank over without taking off the cover. The weep hole is to alert you that the crank seal is leaking and let oil out
That make a lot of senses. I hope the oil put in won't damage anything. I'll clean it up and put everything back in place. Thanks for your help, Falcon and MrKitty !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I got another problem. While loosing the bolts to get out the cover I did loosen up the 3 Philips bolts that kept the starter on the plate and the brushes came loose. I expended about 2 hours trying to get them on until finally I got them set, set everything back and tried to start just to hear a click. It look like I going to have to buy a new starter... Unless you guys that know a lot comes up with a fix. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I know I screwup but what can I say, I'm a newbie so I got to pay the price of learning. Looking a it in a positive way, they only go for about $25 in Amazon lol

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
Yea it's no big deal just make sure you get the correct one you have the upper top overhead starter most you will find is the lower under bottom starters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts