Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a mini chopper at a garage sale, the woman said her late husband has parts for it in a box somewhere. I'm trying to figure out what type of bike, or at least engine this is to get the right spark plug and spark plug cable.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts

You have one of those aircooled Minarelli or Vespa Scooter knockoff engine powered minichoppers with CVT transmission...…

This one is Minarelli….

Those mofos can really haul the mail and hit speeds close to 60mph also to mention able to be made street legal.....

If I remember right those engines were ripoffs of the older Vespa model 150cc aircooled scooter engines.....................

You can just use a spark cable from a car threaded into the coil....As far as a plug type.....Im pretty sure you can use a NGK BPM6A sparkplug..

Judging by its condition the husband may of tracked the problem down to the primary source coil located under the flywheel that most likely supplies its power generated to a CDI box then from the CDI box to the output coil attached to the sparkplug.....…

Its a common problem with Chinese made stuff for those windings to go bad

Finding a replacement is going to be the fun part.....Going over to the oldschool aircooled scooter forums where the members know the brand and model the Chinese ripped the engine design off of maybe able to help you find a replacement primary source coil but if its original Vespa be prepared to pay big....LOL

Those engines also have a rectifier aswell as a much lesser watt charging coil too that recharges the battery......

Good luck with it...…...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That setup is Bad, love to see what CAM2 could do with it. Love the Minarelli engine too, looks expensive, lol.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
That setup is Bad, love to see what CAM2 could do with it. Love the Minarelli engine too, looks expensive, lol.
I have friends that are heavy into heavily modded and tuned scooters plus Ive owned more than my fair share throughout the years including a sweet MB5 starting with a pedal start 26cc Yardmaster moped.......

Some models are no joke as far as power but to me the riding style is just a lil too dainty and weird feeling...lol

As far as that minichopper....I'd rock that thing hard..

This is my last scooter I owned.150ccGY6 4 stroker..…..Got it for free...stripped it down modified it to where it could rip descent wheelies with little effort and sold it for a pretty hefty profit....LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.