Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yes snowmobiles are the S**t. Lol
Done that my whole life. Not a day goes by that I don't dream about snowmobiling somewhere and some sort of fashion. I don't have Discord but you know who knows, maybe we could start something like that. I honestly never thought about it. I dabble with YouTube and in this community.
You got me at a good time. I'm usually busy and post a few things and then turn in for the night. I'm about to turn in here soon.
If nothing else copy URL. And I'll just leave it open

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So I still do have one question. When the bike would start running and I was trying to give it gas it would have a woosh sound. Almost like it's trying to suck in air but I couldn't tell exactly where it was from

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
All I got to say is your stuff is cool as hell!
It's a sweet frame and don't let anybody tell you that they can see that the cylinder is smaller. A 50cc head on a 4-stroke looks exactly the same size as a 125. Not anyone can tell the difference unless you see the number on it. My bet is it is a 110cc, it is possible a 50cc but you need to measure it. Like I said nobody can look at it and tell you what size it is. They look exactly the same. I've had 50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 110cc, 125 CC and they all look the same!
Now some manufacturers will obviously Mark out their cylinder to tell you what it is without seeing a number on the cylinder itself.
But yes the frame, body parts and even the wheels will be hard to get. Can't get them new, and usually hard to find. You look like yours is pretty complete which is awesome, badass frame
That ladder frame is definitely cool and should not be wasted just because of an engine problem especially when basically any pit bike engine will fit on that thing or even a genuine Honda engine from a three-wheeler or something in fact I will go pull ahead right now and see if I can figure out any way that oil can get in.

Check all the simple things first make sure the crankcase is not over full with oil.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
That ladder frame is definitely cool and should not be wasted just because of an engine problem especially when basically any pit bike engine will fit on that thing or even a genuine Honda engine from a three-wheeler or something in fact I will go pull ahead right now and see if I can figure out any way that oil can get in.

Check all the simple things first make sure the crankcase is not over full with oil.
I can promise you it won't be wasted when I start on something I might get sidetracked a lil.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

I'm actually opening everything up draining if I'm going to have it open again then I'm going to do it all

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

What's funny is the oil look like it's
brand new . That's why I didn't change it to start with.but I think this was kind of a rich kid too.. parents bought him everything and now he's selling it for God knows what I don't care ........... Then I talk to him and he really had no clue about any of this he says it stopped working when he was a little kid and hasn't done it since

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
So what I see here there is one oil passage and it's pretty far away from the combustion chamber so it's highly doubtful that it could be a head gasket
16231245779121696096637583522342.jpg

The oil gets pumped through this cover and that's what lubricates the rocker arms and camshaft bearing.
16231247341145980728824041573684.jpg

The camshaft lobes get lubricated from the splash system the little holes in the tops of the rocker arms.
16231248535337037724286554497983.jpg

Down inside of here there is a valve stem seal on the intake valve I know this valve stem seal to be problematic ( dried up and cracked ) and make these little four-stroke engines smoke and foul plugs.
16231250383526439644384242593727.jpg

Like I said it could be a minor problem as well overfilling the crank case or using the wrong weight of oil like 0 w20 instead of 10 W30

Unfortunately with these four strokes there is no good way to see inside of the engine and see if the bore has been rust pitted or scored that would let oil buy the rings and cause oil fouling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So what I see here there is one oil passage and it's pretty far away from the combustion chamber so it's highly doubtful that it could be a head gasket View attachment 160332

The oil gets pumped through this cover and that's what lubricates the rocker arms and camshaft bearing.
View attachment 160333

The camshaft lobes get lubricated from the splash system the little holes in the tops of the rocker arms. View attachment 160334

Down inside of here there is a valve stem seal on the intake valve I know this valve stem seal to be problematic ( dried up and cracked ) and make these little four-stroke engines smoke and foul plugs. View attachment 160335

Like I said it could be a minor problem as well overfilling the crank case or using the wrong weight of oil like 0 w20 instead of 10 W30

Unfortunately with these four strokes there is no good way to see inside of the engine and see if the bore has been rust pitted or scored that would let oil buy the rings and cause oil fouling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So what I see here there is one oil passage and it's pretty far away from the combustion chamber so it's highly doubtful that it could be a head gasket View attachment 160332

View attachment 160333

The camshaft lobes get lubricated from the splash system the little holes in the tops of the rocker arms. View attachment 160334

Down inside of here there is a valve stem seal on the intake valve I know this valve stem seal to be problematic ( dried up and cracked ) and make these little four-stroke engines smoke and foul plugs. View attachment 160335

This is a lot of the stuff that I've done but still new to me so I always take pictures and document every step of the way just in case I can't find my way back. That's another reason I'm going to turn one of my vertical motors into a horizontal motor. For no other reason but just to do it

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
LOL everyone on this forem is tearing down there 4 strokes right now trying to help you 😃👍

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
LOL everyone on this forem is tearing down there 4 strokes right now trying to help you 😃👍
Yo, y'all don't have to do that but if that's the case thank you. I'm still a noob to this so y'all can probably tear it down and put it back together by the time I think about what I'm doing

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yo, y'all don't have to do that but if that's the case thank you. I'm still a noob to this so y'all can probably tear it down and put it back together by the time I think about what I'm doing
I don't want to sound like an idiot but I really don't know where to go or what to do as of right now I don't want to just take random stuff apart

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I promise you I'm not stressing over this whatsoever so I hope no one's going out of the way but this is also when it would be cool to have real time like this right here.https://discord.gg/kudpVqPx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I had this thing spotless and now there's more that round stuff in it. That was about a 16th thick all over the entire thing. and I didn't see this track before that could be where I'm leaking a little bit of fuel

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Feel like that was a nap and not 😴. What's the best oil to use getting a lip bit of everything when I look up on line

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Any 10 W30 motorcycle oil motorcycle oil has zinc in it for the valves and they put special additives in it for the clutch.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
569 Posts
Looking good. Definitely a 50cc by your picture. The inside looks clean, and yes just put freah, correct oil in it. Get it running well and have fun. When you get bored then you can find a bigger engine to slide in there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Update. Besides some new seals and gaskets and a good tune-up and get the electric start working she is running pretty good. Considering I really haven't done much to her yet

41 - 59 of 59 Posts